A programming language is a set of certain rules that convert strings and graphical elements pertaining to any visual programming language to various kinds to code output. They are a kind of computer language which are used to perform computer algorithms. There are numerous programming language already existing and new ones are being created per year. Some of them are written in imperative form while others are written in declarative form. Programming language theory is a subject that deals with the analysis, classification, design and characterization of programming languages.
Function of programming languages
The primary target of a programming language is to write computer programs which commonly involve the computer performing some kind of computation or analysis probably for running external devices like printers, robots, etc. It is usually believed that a computer specification of a computer for a programming language primarily includes its model description and its specifications. If the specifications are not compatible with the programming language, the computer system usually needs to be upgraded or the programming language needs to be changed.
Types of programming languages
- Low level programming language: This is a machine dependent programming language. It can run directly in a computer without the requirement of any compiler or an interpreter. Due to these specifications, the programs written in low-level can run very fast. They are further classified as:
- Machine language
- Assembly language
- High level programming language: This language, also called HLL, is used to create and develop user-friendly websites and software programs. This program needs a compiler and an interpreter to translate the program into machine language as thus, it runs slower than the low-level programming language. The superior advantage of these kinds of programs is that they are easy to read, understand and write. Some examples of this type of programming language are Java, Python, C++, Pascal.
This programming language is further divided into three parts. They are:
- Procedural oriented programming language
For example, Basic, FORTRAN
- Object-oriented programming language
For example, C#, Java
- Natural language
For example, human languages such as English, German, Japanese and Russian. It includes many more languages used around the globe.
- Middle level programming language: This type of programming language lies between the low level and high-level programming language. This language is also known as pseudo or intermediate programming language. Its advantages include its user-friendly nature, easy to understand, supports high level programming language. It is also closely related to machine language and human language.
Commonly used programming languages:
Java is a user friendly, easy to understand, platform independent and reliable high level programming language. It was developed in 1995 by Sun Microsystems. It is usually used to develop information technology, huge data software and retail applications. It is now owned by Oracle.
Python is the most commonly and widely used programming language due to its easy to understand and user-friendly features. It is mainly used in Artificial Intelligence, Big Data and Machine learning. Python was developed back in the 1990s.
C++ was developed by Bjarne Stroustrup back in 1980. It is one of the many programming languages that are used for software development. This language is similar to the C programming language but also has been upgraded to have some additional features such as object-oriented programming, type checking, exceptional handling, etc.
C is a flexible, popular and simple computer programming language developed by Dennis M. Ritchie in 1970 at AT&T. some people may also describe this programming language as a combination of both, low level as well as high level programming language. This feature has proved to be very convenient for the users in the past decades. This language is usually used to develop applications like text editors, Network devices and much more.
Go or Golang is an opensource programming language which was developed by Robert Griesemer, Rob Pike, and Ken Thompson in 2007. It is used to build efficient, easy to use and simple software.
The necessity of programming languages
Thousands of different programming languages have been created and are being created in today’s world, especially in the IT sector. They differ from human languages as they require a certain degree of precision and completeness of the functions. Without the present successful programming languages, it would be very difficult to develop even the basic level of software which we use in day-to-day interactions with the world.
Note: If you want help on your assignment then, just stop searching for other instant service resources in Australia and place your order on our services as soon as possible.