Project 1 Assessment
CPPREP4503-Present at hearings in real estate
|STUDENT TO PLEASE COMPLETE, SIGN AND DATE|
|By signing below I, the student, declare that: The material and answers I have submitted in this assessment is my own work; I have referenced all sources of information including the words, ideas and images from others; and I have kept a copy of this assessment for my own records (RETAC does not return assessments).|
|FOR TRAINER/ASSESSOR ONLY|
|Trainer’s Name:||Training Date:|
|Assessor’s Name:||Date Assessed:|
|ASSESSOR(S) TO COMPLETE|
|CompetencyAchieved||NotYetCompetent||Resubmitrequired||R 1 2 3|
|ADMINISTRATION USE ONLY||Date Assessment Received:||MC+SAQ (1-32) Y/N|
|P1 (33-48)||P1 (38) email||P1 (46) role play|
|P2 (49-51)||P2 (50) email||P2 (51) role play|
Assessment Description and Candidates Instructions
This Unit of Competency may contains forms, documents and Projects that relate to skills and knowledge required to appear effectively before a tribunal. It includes preparing for tribunal hearings, using appropriate tribunal etiquette, acting as a witness, participating in conciliation hearings and presenting a case.
This assessment can be completed in your own time. It is important that all questions in this assessment are completed. The assessment tasks may not be straight-forward and to assist in the planning and submitting of responses it is recommended
- to read through the student workbook carefully;
- if necessary, undertake additional research to supplement material in the student workbook;
- if required discuss the workbook material and assessment questions with your trainer;
- if undertaking a traineeship or if the candidate is employed in the real estate sector they may discuss their responses with their supervisor or colleagues.
If you require support you are welcome to contact your Trainer or attend a Workshop Support Session (visit www.retac.com.au for timetable).
Assessments in this Unit includes questioning Short to Medium length Answers and multiple choice; and Workplace simulation activities (Projects)
- If handwriting your responses please ensure your writing is neat and legible.
- When submitting in hand-writing, please use blue or black pen. Pleasedonotusepencil.
- Dot points are acceptable.
- One (or few) word responses are not acceptable. You are required to provide meaningful context to your responses and be guided by the amount of space provided for your response. For example, if a full page is provided for your response, then a response of 5 words is unlikely to demonstrate your competency to the assessor.
- If any of your responses are incorrect, incomplete or illegible then you will be required to re-submit those responses. Students requiring to have responses re-submitted will be contacted by email. It is important that you check your emails regularly.
- Competency in this Unit will only be granted upon successful completion of this assessment.
- Role play assessments can be either conducted in class or completed externally and filmed on a smartphone, tablet or any device that records video and audio. Once completed the video can be submitted either a) on USB delivered or posted to us; b) uploaded to any cloud-based storage (DropBox, Google Drive, iCloud) where you can email us a shareable link for us to download your video.
|Assessment Part 2: Project 1 with Practical Skills Demonstration|
|Project1.This assessment activity consists of questions requiring a written response and a role play. Please read the scenario and assessment instructions carefully. This Project is a simulated workplace assessment designed to assess skills and knowledge on Prepare case and documents for tribunal Presenting a case to tribunal Use appropriate tribunal etiquette Present case at tribunal Complete tribunal process Please respond to each question in full.|
Project1Scenario Throughoutthisassessmentactivityyouwillbeaskedtovisitourvirtualagency GreenChairRealEstate(http://bit.ly/RETACVirtualAgency)toviewanddownloadtherelevantdata, formanddocuments. You are a newly hired Property Manager at Green Chair Real Estate which manages a small rent roll. Your Principal has asked you to review the tenant database especially tenant/s that have been issued with a ‘Form 2 – Landlord’s notice of breach to tenant termination of agreement’. As the Property Manager it is your role to: identify whether any Form 2s require action by Green Chair Real Estate and take the appropriate action.
|Visit our virtual agency Green Chair Real Estate (http://bit.ly/RETACVirtualAgency), locate the Property Management division files and become familiar with the information and data for each tenant on the agency’s rent roll. 4503P1Q33 Identify and in the space below name the tenants that: are in rent arrears, and|
have been served with a Form 2
4503P1Q34 Do you need to take any action based on the information contained in the ‘Form 2 served’
folder? If so, describe what action you will need to take and why.
4503P1Q35You have decided that certain action must be taken in response to the served Form 2. Your agency requires you to email the landlord. In the space provided below write a mock email to the Landlord that covers the following:
- The issue that needs attention
- Your recommendations to the Landlord in addressing this issue
- Details of any costs involved and whether the Landlord should seek advice from assisting professionals e.g. accountant or solicitor.
Ensure the email is written professionally, without spelling errors and that it communicates your message effectively.
You have now discussed the case with your Agency Principal and Landlord, and have been given instruction and consent to submit a hearing application to SACAT.
4503P1Q36 Write the link of where this application can be accessed in SACAT’s website.
4503P1Q37 What application fees are payable to SACAT?
4503P1Q38 Complete the SACAT application.
After you have completed the SACAT application form follow the instructions below
- Prepare an email and attach the completed SACAT application form, and –
- In the body of the email provide a list of the documents you would include with the submitted application.
Email this form to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the email subject line write
‘4503P1Q38’ with your full name.
4503P1Q39You want to discuss with the landlord what terms they would accept at Conciliation. In the space below prepare a recommendation to the landlord of an amount the tenant can pay per week in addition to the scheduled rent payments.
|4503P1Q40||For the purposes of this question, assume the matter has been settled before the hearing at SACAT. What steps do you follow to finalise and document this outcome?|
|4503P1Q41||Explain how you would approach the tenant when trying to negotiate a settlement before a hearing?|
|4503P1Q42||When would it be unwise to pursue a settlement before tribunal?|
Case Study and Role Play
This assessment activity consists of written questioning and a role play. Please read the scenario and assessment instructions carefully.
Case Study and Role Play Scenario
As the Property Manager of Green Chair Real Estate, it is your role to attend a Conciliation Conference. The matter being brought to the conference is a dispute about rent arrears. The tenancy agreement states that rent is to be paid weekly at $200 per week. The tenant, Toni Bennett, is $400 in rent arrears. You have discussed this matter with the landlord who prefers the rent arrears be paid in full but would accept a minimum arrangement whereby the tenant pays at least an additional $50 per week until the rent arrears are paid.
The Conference is conducted at Tribunal within a meeting room and is attended by i) the Member, ii) the tenant and iii) you as the Property Manager.
4503P1Q43 What goals or outcome(s) are you seeking from this conciliation conference?
4503P1Q45 Prepare a case statement that you can read from to present at the Conciliation Conference.
4503P1Q46 Role Play activity
This role play relates to the above Case Study and Role Play Scenarioand must simulate a Conciliation Conference and will require two other participants. The other participants can be fellow students, work colleagues, friends or family. It is best that this role play be conducted around a table in a quiet room. One participant must act as the Member, the other as the tenantand you (student) must act as the PropertyManager. Only your performance in this role play will be assessed.
The entire Role Play must follow the structure below:
- You, as the Property Manager, must follow the appropriate protocols and etiquette for entering, participating and leaving the hearing.
- The Memberis to say “Welcome to this Conciliation Conference. Please present your case.”
- You as the Property Managerwill need to present the case statement you prepared (in the previous question) at this conference. This means that you must:
- Outline the case clearly and concisely. What has happened/What is the issue?
- Explain the documents you have as evidence and present the evidence to the Member and tenant.
- Explain that you are seeking $400 in rent arrears from the tenant and how the landlord would like it to be paid by the tenant.
- Explain the outcome you are seeking on behalf of the landlord.
- The Memberis to ask the tenant “Mr/Mstenant whyhaveyoubeenlatewithyourrent?”
- The tenantis to respond with: a) that they acknowledge that they are in arrears to the amount of
$400; b) the reason (you can be creative) why they have been late in their rent and c) that they can only pay $50 per week in addition to their rent over 8 weeks.
- As the PropertyManageryou must explain that you accept this arrangement on behalf of the Landlord.
- Agreement is therefore reached. The Memberthen says “Thankyouforreachingagreement.IwillissueanOrderconfirmingtheagreement.Thankyoubothforattending,Conferenceclosed.”
The assessor will need to observe that you are
- participating in a simulated Conciliation Conference at the Tribunal
- following the correct etiquette
- presenting the details of the case and presentation of evidence at Tribunal according to Conciliation and Tribunal protocols
- negotiating a settlement on a matter with terms agreeable to all parties Submitting this role play assessment:
This role play must be recorded on a device such as a smartphone, tablet or digital camera. Werequirebothvideowithaudio. Audio only will not be accepted. The video must be submitted as your assessment.
This can be done
- on USB delivered or posted to us; or
- upload to any cloud-based storage (DropBox, Google Drive, iCloud) then share (email) the link for us to download.
4503P1Q47 Who would you notify and explain the hearing outcome to?
4503P1Q48 What documentation and reports would you complete and where would you store them?
Struggling with CPPREP4503-Present at hearings in real estate Project 1 Assignment help? Take the best online service. Order Now!No Fields Found.