Programming languages are the computer language that computer understands. A programming language is a set of rules or instructions that converts human language to computer language so that the computer understands the user’s commands. A computer programming language is a language used to write computer programs so that the computer understands the user’s commands and works accordingly. Programming language is the one kind of computer language that is used to implement algorithms. A programming language is written in imperative and declarative form so that it is easy to understand and recognizable at the same time. The syntax for programming languages is quite simple so that users can work easily. Moreover, programming languages is a subfield of computer science that deals with the coding purpose, designs, new syntax, implementation, analysis, and characterization. Programming languages are a vast field in which an individual can make their future.
HIERARCHY OF PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE –
TYPES OF PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES –
There are five types of programming languages
- High-Level programming language :
It is abbreviated as HHL. It is a type of computer language that does not end till the computer ends. It is quite easy to understand, involves simple syntax, and is designed for a specific purpose. It is more like a human language. It combines into machine language at the time of execution of code so that it gives correct command with no error. The High-level programming language was introduced in the late 1950s. But now HHL is widely used by developers. Examples of HHL are – C, C++, JAVA, PYTHON, RUBY, and many more.
- Declarative level programming language :
This programming language defines a formal logical system. It also regulates regular expression, functional programming, and configuration management system. Some of the examples of the declarative type of programming language are ABSER, ALPHA, ASCEND, and so on.
- General – Purpose programming language :
The general-purpose programming language is capable of inventing all types of programming languages. One of the best examples of general-purpose language is C.
- Object-Oriented programming language :
It is also abbreviated as OOP. It was invented by Alan Kay. OOP is a paradigm programming language. One o the main feature of this language is that this is well structured and reusable language. It also helps to improve a programmer’s ability to prototype software quickly and also allows the programmer to write code easily.
- Command programming language –
This programming language is used to implement a series of commands and the code would execute promptly. The best example of this programming language is Microsoft Windows batch files.
THE MOST POPULAR PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES ARE-
SOME MORE PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES ARE-
- TURBO PASCAL
- GW BASIC
- VISUAL FOX PRO
CHARACTERISTICS OF PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES
- Some of the traits a programming language should possess good readability, ease to learn, and easy to use.
- Always prefer a portable programming language.
- Always write a programming language in a proper format, well structured and documented.
- The syntax must be correct.
- A programming language should be written in a properly integrated environment.
- Always write programming language with the necessary tools for the development, debugging, testing, and Maintainance of programs.
- Always write abstraction while writing programming language as it is used to define complex structure.
- Programming language‘s efficiency must be high so that it is easily converted to a machine code and implemented easily.
ADVANTAGES OF LEARNING PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES :
- After learning the programming language, one must be a software engineer.
- In today’s era, programming is a lucrative source of earnings and has a high demand.
- After learning programming languages one must be capable of introducing new apps, websites, android apps, and games for the development o the country.
- Individual experiences a new world of technology.
- Programming languages involves a lot of thinking processes, that may lead to sharpening one’s mind.
- Generally, computer programmers enjoy the benefits to work from home.
- Programmers use their creativity and mind.
- In addition to it, programmers can develop their software.
- There is a lot of crime headed through programming.
- Programmer’s misused their knowledge and used programming for wrong purposes like password hacking, account hacking, and so on.
- According to a survey conducted in 2017, stated that about 55% of programmers used their knowledge in hacking which is one of the most offensive and punishable crimes comes under the Act Of Technology.
- Programmers suffer from bad health and weak eyesight as they spent most of their time in front of laptops, and computers.
- Programmers tend to work for long hours while sitting in a particular space which may cause back pain, insomnia, and obesity.