What is Web Development?
Nowadays technology is increasing day by day and also it plays an essential part in all of our day to day lives. The web pages and the softwares which we use to make our lives better are developed by the web developers. So from here we can get an idea about web development. In web development,the web developers build many web pages and applications from the Intranet,which is a private network, or from the Internet. So website design is not only the responsibility of a web developer but they are also bothered about the programming and the coding part which is the main cause for the functioning of the website. So making and maintaining a web page by using bits and pieces of concepts like web programming, web publishing, web design and database management is very important. Many other web development tools and techniques are also used for making the websites. From simple websites to Multiplex web applications and from various online shopping web pages to even CMS, all we need is the online tools and websites which are used on a regular basis in the web development.
Skills needed for Web Development
Making a thousand lines of code and then transforming it into a website is one of the most complicated things for a web developer. A degree in software engineering is not only the way to become a web developer. Anybody can become a web developer by just mastering some skills. So for getting a job in the field of web development they are some of the things which a person must learn.
- HTML – HTML stands for Hypertext Markup. It is one of the key elements of a website. It is a Front-End language which provides the basic framework of a website which mainly includes a series of tags.
- CSS – CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets. This is a programming language which sets the style behind the structure of HTML and gives life to the website’s appearance. It gives us an attraction to the web page. If CSS was not there then the web page would have looked dull.
- API – API stands for Application Programming Interface. In web development one should work with a great deal of API. This actually manages the third party data and also insists the web developers use some of the more functions in it without sharing the code with anyone. There is a great GitHub repository of APIs which if used can give an addition of plethora to the project ideas.
- Back- End and Databases – once a person masters the front end then he or she must proceed and take care of what is going on in the back end. The back end is the only place in web development where the magic happens and this is the only place where the data is stored, manipulated and retrieved from the databases. In this current era, many companies use cloud frameworks like Azure or AWS to manage and keep their databases.
- Authentication – many times a situation comes when we have to manage the user authentication so that it can track the user on a particular site. It allows the user to sign in, logout and many other actions from their accounts and also blocks off a few pages for the user who is not signing in. The users account security is very important and it intensively relies upon the authentication. So it’s very important to know how to manage the functionality in our wave application.
There are also some web development tools which are seen when developing a site. It gets a lot of attention and also many different programming languages are to be learnt. So everyone or a person who wants to engage themselves in this web development area must have a family with certain wave development tools that would help them with the full stack web development. Some of them are –
- Git – it is possible that most of the famous person control framework is used in many organisations. The only need is that we need to work on this version control if we start working as a wave developer. So this is the main reason why one should invest some time in learning Git and also some basic commands like pushing to the repository, cloning, combining branches of code, making a pull request and so on.
- GitHub – it is a service platform where we can push our Git repositories so that it can host our code. GitHub is usually used for collaborations which allows the developers to work together on projects.
- Code Editor – when you person will say website then the main fundamental wave development tool that he or she must use is a code editor or an IDE ( Integrated Development Environment). This code editor helps us to compose the markup and code that we will use when we make up the site. There are many popular code editors from which VS code is the most used one. Now vs code is a lightweight form of visual studio. It is mostly used by many freshers as its first simple to use and also people can customize it by using many themes and extensions. Other code editors are Sublime Text, Vim and Atom.
Types of Web Development
Mainly there are two main types of web development which includes Front-End Development and Back-End Development.
- Front-End Development
- Back-End Development
As seen in Front-End developers, they are the person who are responsible for creating a digital product and how it will look like. Here the Back-End developer is fully focused on how the digital product works. So it means that the back end developers are the only people who are responsible for supervising what is the secret, which includes the database interactions, server,network,hosting configuration, user authentication and business logic. So the primary responsibility of a back end developer is to make sure that the functioning of the digital product is found, not which includes its speed and responsiveness. So to do this, the back-end developer must know how to build a server by using modern frameworks and how it will manage the databases and also the data which are present on a web server. The back end developers use some server side languages like PHP, Python and Ruby. not only this they also use tools which includes Oracle, MySQL and GIT. So a full stack developer is someone who has both knowledge of the front as well as the back end development. Most of the employers want to be hired as full stack developers but according to their study material they are the 4th most in demand job in tech. The developers who specialise in both the front end and as well as in the back end open Bristol at the notion that someone could be equally adept at both. The stacks are a lot bigger than what they are used to be and if someone has acquired refined skills at every layer of web development then it is certain for him or her do not to be in a small claim.No Fields Found.
Get expert help for Web Development Assistance and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!