Assignment due 12th December 11.59 pm
Analyse a set of children’s work samples on early number, place value, and multiplicative thinking.
Develop a suggested remedial plan.
Write a report
- Use the set of children’s work samples on early number, place value, and multiplicative thinking – Work_Samples_of_Three_Children.pdf Work_Samples_of_Three_Children.pdf – Alternative Formats (Attached as another file named work sample)
- Identify the specific aspect of mathematics that each child appears to not know.
- Identify the relevant content description/s from the Australian Curriculum: Mathematics (provide the code and the relevant text from the content description, paraphrasing/quoting and referencing appropriately).
- Comment about common misconceptions the children may be displaying.
- Use resources such as FSiM (First step in Mathematics) to identify two suitable activities that you might use to help the child address their misconception/s and learn the particular mathematics needed.
- Discuss how you might actually use each activity that you select and what you would expect the child to do and say.
- What needs to be provided for each child?
For each child, you need to create a profile and plan that includes:
- What the child appears to not know.
- The relevant content description for what the child does not know.
- A discussion of common misconceptions might be displayed (this must be supported with references to academic literature [Hint – use the resources from the unit]).
- Two suitable activities to address what the child does not know.
- An explanation of how you would use each activity and your expectations of what the child might do and say as they work through the activities (include prompts that you could use to help the child with the activities).
- What gets submitted?
What you need to submit as one document (word/page limits include all text [headings, in-text citations, captions, direct quotes]).
- An introduction – maximum of 300 words.
- A profile and plan for each child (see above) – maximum of 3 pages per child (1.5 spacing and all margins at 2; the blank line between paragraphs; font 12 points Calibri).
- A conclusion – maximum of 300 words.
- A reference list.
- An appendix (if needed).
Get expert help for Develop a suggested remedial plan and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!