School of Engineering
|Module Title: Electromechanical Systems Module Code: ER3201 Coursework Resit||Level: 6|
|DC Motor Closed-LoopControl||This assessment is worth 50% of the overall module mark|
You are a junior engineer in SmartRobo, a leading company in the navigation robot industry. Your Lead engineer asked you to implement a prototype to precisely control the motor speed using a PID controller. You will use the Electromechanical kit provided to you (from the EHUB) to implement the required control environment:
Start with the theoretical analysis of the PID controller. Report the necessary equations that support the concept. Provide the detailed block diagram representing the closed-loop motor control system and justify your black components. Develop a sequence of motions for the motor: Turn right with an angular velocity of 60 rpm for 30 seconds, and Turn left with a rate of 30 rpm for 20 seconds using Arduino Code. Show what would happen to the motor response if the PI and PD controller are used instead of the PID and explain how this will affect the motor response Apply your tested control sequence to the motor kit and demonstrate the required motion using the PI controller. Organize your report structure in the same sequence of the above tasks.
|1.||Start with the theoretical analysis of the PID controller. Report the necessary equations that support the concept.||20|
|2.||Provide the detailed block diagram representing the closed-loop motor control system and justify your black components.||20|
|3.||Develop a sequence of motions for the motor: Turn right with an angular velocity of 60 rpm for 30 seconds, and Turn left with a rate of 30 rpm for 20 seconds using Arduino Code.||10|
|4.||Show what would happen to the motor response if the PI and PD controller are used instead of the PID and explain how this will affect the motor response||20|
|5.||Apply your tested control sequence to the motor kit and demonstrate the required motion using the PI controller.||20|
Available on Blackboard.
The theoretical discussion of the task will be introduced during one of the laboratory sessions. During that session, the analysis of the differential drive will be presented, and the required implementation will be explained. The expected results will be elucidated, and software tools available for the assignment will be briefly described. The additional explanation will be provided in the form of Q&A sessions.
|Assessment release date: 27/6/2022 Assessment Deadline Date and Time: 29/7/2022 – 23:59:59|
|Please note that this is the final time you can submit- not the time to submit!|
|Your feedback/feedforward and mark for this assessment will be provided by 4/8/2022 on Blackboard|
Submission of assignment work
This implementation study will constitute 50% of the total module assessment mark. You should write a report for this implementation and show and discuss the results, and consider any sources of error in the results. The report should be approximately 1500±5% words long plus relevant materials (References and Appendices). You should use Harvard referencing system for this report. The report should be submitted electronically toTurnitin through Blackboard.
Please include any programming files you may write as part of the study. All programs should have comments explaining their operation and should run as submitted (i.e., should include all the relevant code). In case there are multiple files, please create a single ziparchive containing all the files.The code should be submitted separately from the report into the Blackboard assignment area.
Work submitted electronically may be submitted after the deadline to the same Turnitin assignment slot and will be automatically flagged as late.
Penalties for late submission
Except where an extension of the hand-in deadline date has been approved, lateness penalties will be applied in accordance with University policy as follows:
(Working) Days Late Penalty
1 – 5 maximum mark that can be achieved: 50%
more than 5 0% given
During the induction and via your student handbook, you were informed of the serious consequences of using or attempting to use unfair means to enhance performance. This includes plagiarism. The work submitted must be your own and any information and material used properly identified and acknowledged.
The University operates an electronic plagiarism detection service where your work may be uploaded, stored and cross-referenced against other material. The software searches the World Wide Web and extensive databases of reference material to identify duplication.
For detailed information on the procedures relating to plagiarism, please see the current version of the University Academic Regulations.
- The support for this assignment will be provided during scheduled laboratory sessions.
- Coaches Support can be found here.
- For support with using library resources, please contact <SubjectLibrarians@uclan.ac.uk>. You will find links to lots of useful resources in the My Library tab on Blackboard.
- If you have not yet made the university aware of any disability, specific learning difficulty, long-term health or mental health condition, please complete a Disclosure Form. The Inclusive Support team will then contact to discuss reasonable adjustments and support relating to any disability. For more information, visit the Inclusive Supportsite.
- To access mental health and wellbeing support, please complete our online referral form. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com, call 01772 893020 or visit our UCLan Wellbeing Service pages for more information.
- If you have any other queries or require further support, you can contact The <i>, The Student Information andSupport Centre. Speak with us for advice on accessing all the University services as well as the Library services. Whatever your query, our expert staff will be able to help and support you. For more information, how to contact us and our opening hours, visit StudentInformationandSupportCentre.
- If you have any valid mitigating circumstances that mean you cannot meet an assessment submission deadline and you wish to request an extension, you will need to apply online prior to the deadline.
|Onsuccessfulcompletion ofthismoduleastudentwillbe ableto:|
|1.||Evaluate the scope, context and significance of electromechanical systems and their applications|
|2.||Apply the key aspect of the operating principles of electromechanical actuators, motors, drives and motion control.|
|3.||Provide case studies of electromechanical systems using microprocessors/ microcontrollers in process control.|
Get the complete solution for ER3201 Coursework Electromechanical Systems Assignment and many more. 100% safe & plag free solution all time. Order now!No Fields Found.