|HDW204 Healthcare in the Digital World
|Report – Patient-facing technology platform
|1800 words (+/- 10%)
|The Subject Learning Outcomes demonstrated by successful completion of the task below include: Define and discuss digital literacy and digital fluency and its application by health professionals. Describe and appraise the current and emerging trends in Australia and globally in digital communication and health care technologies. Examine the roles and responsibilities associated withthe use of digital technologies in health. Critically analyse the role of social media and information communication technologies (ICT) in all health care settings, and the professional implications of their use. Identify and examine legal, ethical, professional and social equity issues for ICT applications in health.
|Due by 11:55pm AEST Sunday end of Module 5.1 (Week 9)
For this assessment, you are required to write a report (1800 words) which discusses and critically analyses a patient-facing digital technology platform with reference to evidence-based practice. Patient-facing digital technology or patient technology refers to any technology in which patients interact with to partake in health care or clinical activities, such as monitoring disease progression and adhering to treatment regimens (Polhemus et al., 2019). Please refer to the Task Instructions for details on how to complete this task.
As we live in a digital world, our patient/clients will be using digital platforms on a daily basis. Therefore, it makes sense to use digital platforms for the assessment, monitoring and support of our patient’s health. However, we do know that with any form of technology, there are benefits and limitations and measures need to be taken to ensure safety. For that reason, you are expected to
critically analyse the benefits and limitations associated with a particular patient-facing digital technology platform and examine this digital technology in light of evidence-based practice.
Via this assessment, you will gain skills in producing an informative and engaging report, improve your ability to effectively and accurately communicate information, increase your knowledge and understanding of patient facing technology and improve your academic skills.
To complete this assessment task, select one of the patient-facing digital technology platforms below and consider the following questions:
- How does this patient-facing digital technology platform improve self-management through education, remote monitoring, remote support and/or treatment adherence?
- How does this patient-facing digital technology platform tackle areas of high need that are unmet by traditional approaches?
- How does this patient-facing digital technology platform shift the balance of power and transform the therapeutic relationship between the patient/client and your health care profession?
- Is patient safety and information security assured via this technology platform?
- What equity issues regarding access does this patient-facing digital technology platform raise?
- What is the role regarding this patient-facing digital technology platform?
Patient-facing digital technology platforms:
Please select one(1)of the below to write your report on:
- Electronic health record
- Sensors and wearable technology
- Mobile phone applications
- Online peer support communities
Please also be aware of the following requirements:
- Present your own original work using multiple academic references from academic books, peer reviewed scientific journal articles and other credible sources (.edu, .gov and .org webpages).
- You must adhere to the Report Structure Guidelines document in the Assessment resources area on Blackboard.
- Adhere to the word count (1800 words (+/-10%) excluding the reference list.
- Academic references are to be included on a separate page using appropriate APA guidelines.
- Your assessment must be submitted as a word document and not in protected view.
- Your assessment should be in 12-point font, Arial or Times New Roman, 1.5 line spaced and a minimum of 2.5cm margins.
10+ references are required for this assessment task. Use recent, relevant and reliable resources to complete this task. These should be peer reviewed literature, related to the subject matter and no older than seven years.
It is essential that you use appropriate APA style for citing and referencing research. Please see more information on referencing here: https://library.torrens.edu.au/academicskills/apa/tool
Submit the written assessment via the Assessment link in the main navigation menu in HDW204: Healthcare in the Digital World. The Learning Facilitator will provide feedback via the Grade Centre in the LMS portal. Feedback can be viewed in My Grades.