ASSESSMENT TASK 3: APPLIED TASK
In this assessment, using a carefully structured essay, you will:
- compare Laudato Si’ with either SDG 1 (No Poverty), and you will:
- explain the relevance of this comparison to:
- a module topic;
- your course of study; and
- a local community organisation.
Module topic: choose one from the following options:
- Community engagement (relates to Module 3); or
- Human dignity (relates to Module 4); or
- Advocacy and action (relates to Module 5).
Course of study: Bachelor of Commerce
Local community organisation: your choice, but it must be local (i.e., not global).
It is a requirement that you:
- cite at least the following eight readings/resources:
- Laudato Si’.
- Wolfgang Sachs, “The Sustainable Development Goals and Laudato si’: varieties of Post Development?” Third World Quarterly 38 (2017) 2573–2587.
- one Faculty-specific unit reading from your chosen module topic.
- one Faculty-specific resource/website (refer to ‘Texts and References’ section towards the end of the Extended Unit Outline).
- one resource that is included in the LEO folder/tile for Module 2: Sustainable Development Goals
- Megan Blomfield, Global Justice, Natural Resources, and Climate Change (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2019)
- One resource (e.g., LEO book, a linked article, reading, a YouTube video, etc.) that is included in the LEO folder/tile from your chosen module topic.
- Jan-Christoph Heilinger, Cosmopolitan Responsibility: Global Injustice, Relational Equality, and Individual Agency (Berlin: de Gruyter, 2020)
- the Laudato Si’ Action Platform website: https://laudatosiactionplatform.org/.
- the Global Goals website: https://www.globalgoals.org/.
- identify your chosen SDG; your module topic; your course of study; and your local community organisation.
a) When citing Laudato Si’, please ensure you include specific paragraph number(s).
Length and/or format: 1,600 words
Get expert help for ASSESSMENT TASK 3: APPLIED TASK and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!