Details of Assignments
Assignment 1: Developing the Global Mindset of University Students. An exploratory study
(1500 words – 30%). DUE: August 23, 2021.
This is an individual assignment where each student is required to write an essay on the importance of Global Citizenship and how global mindset contributes towards the development of global citizenship of University students in Australia.
Topic: Developing the Global Mindset of University Students. An exploratory study.
In this assignment, you will develop a paper in which you advocate the development of Australian University students as global citizens by developing their global mindset.
Your argumentation in support of the development of global mindset of every University student needs to be informed, well researched, factual and convincing in order to be successful.
In order to achieve this, you are required to:
(1) undertake a review of the Global citizenship literature and global mindset.
Here you need to review the literature to address the following:
a. What is what global citizenship? Discuss comprehensively from various perspectives.
b. What is global mindset? Explain comprehensively the various elements of global mindset and how they relate to global citizenship?.
(2) An illustrative example of Global mindset of University students. Here you analyse relevant data on global mindset (to be provided by your lecturer) using appropriate statistical tools and report your findings.
(3) Discussion and Concluding comments: Discuss your findings, and comment on the actions necessary for the development of global mindset in Australian Universities based on your findings
Your paper should address the following:
(a) What is global citizenship and global mindset and why are they becoming increasingly important and relevant?
- (b) Why is it important for University students in Australia to have a well-developed global mindset Here you need to provide some information on the relevance and benefits of having a well-developed global mindset for University graduates.
- (c) Assessment of global mindset of a sample of student. Here you will be provided with data from a survey of the class. This data set covers the different dimensions of global mindset. You will analyse this data to assess the current state of global mindset of University students.
- (d) Use excel to analyse your data – you can for example produce spider charts, bar charts, pie charts, ANOVA, etc (do not be afraid to be creative) to analyse the following:
a. compare the individual dimensions of global mindset and comment on
your findings of the different dimensions
b. Compareinternationalanddomesticstudents c. Is there a difference between gender?
(e) Then discuss your findings to explain what you found. For example, if you found
that there is a difference in the global mindset of different genders, provide an
explanation as to why this may be so.
(f) Then develop some convincing arguments to reiterate the need for the
development of global mindset of university students and propose/suggest 2/3 ways in which the global mindset of University students in Australia can be improved. You should make a plea to the University for supporting your idea.
Below is some information on what an advocacy paper is and how you should
approach it. More information will be provided in class and in the seminars to help you
with your advocacy paper.
Some tips on how to develop an advocacy paper.
An advocacy essay is a paper designed to garner support from readers regarding a specific belief or cause. Advocacy essays could be used as a call for action or intended to simply raise awareness on a social issue. They are frequently used by charity organizations to explain why their charities are important or by special- interest groups to define their causes and their importance. Writing an advocacy essay requires a thorough knowledge of the subject.
Some tips to get you started:
- Research your topic so you are well-versed in the history of it, the major entities involved on all sides of the issue and the current status of the issue. The more knowledge you have, the better prepared you will be when it comes to write.
- State the issue you are advocating clearly in an introductory paragraph. Give the general background of your issue and why the readers should care about it. Your introduction will provide a general outline for your essay, and the rest of the paper will provide details.
- Provide added depth through analyses and original data, background story and details about your cause in the body of the essay. As you explain a particular point, bring it back to the goal of getting the readers involved in your cause.
- Provide resources and citations for the facts that you use in your essay. Your piece has more legitimacy if you quote facts and statistics from known and respected entities in your field than if you simply give your own opinion.
- Conclude your essay with an emotional appeal to the readers to emphasize the difference one person can make in the cause, either financially or through the devotion of time. Your conclusion should quickly review the issues you have already discussed and leave readers with a final statement to stick in their heads about how they can join your cause.
- Include a page of references showing where all of your facts came from. Alphabetize it by last name of the original author. This can also give your readers resources where they can learn more.
MMM311: Assessment 1 Rubric 30% (Global Mindset Paper)
|Performance Levels/Criteria||N (0-29)||N (30-49)||P (50-59)||C (60-69)||D (70-79)||HD (80-100)|
|Review and discuss the concept of global mindset in a business context. ULO2, GLO1 and GLO4 (25 marks)||No/irrelevant review is constructed.||Poorly constructed review of the theoretical and conceptual literature resulting in unclear/confusing identification/ examination of global mindset.||Inconsistently reviews the theoretical and conceptual literature to identify and examine key dimensions of global mindset.||Adequately and with minimal inconsistencies reviews the theoretical and conceptual literature to identify and examine key dimensions of global mindset||Critically and comprehensively reviews the theoretical and conceptual literature to identify and examine key dimensions of global mindset||Critically, comprehensively and concisely reviews the theoretical and conceptual literature to identify and examine key dimensions of global mindset.|
|Analyse relevant data and report on global mindset of University students. ULO3, GLO1 &GLO (30 marks)||Not attempted or poorly attempted and made little sense.||Unclear/confusing analysis and reporting of findings on the global mindset of University student Tends to describe rather than analyse information.||Satisfactory analysis and interpretation of relevant data and reporting of findings on the global mindset of University students||Adequate analysis andinterpretation of relevant data and reporting of findings on the global mindset of University student.||Critical and comprehensive analysis and reporting of findings on the global mindset of University student.||Critical, comprehensive and concise analysis and reporting of findings on the global mindset of University student.|
|Recommend and justify actions for developing the global mindset of University students. ULO4, GLO1 &GLO5 (30 marks)||Not attempted or poorly attempted and made little sense.||Recommended strategies and their justification are questionable in terms of relevance and feasibility.||Recommended strategies and their justification are partially substantiated and are followed up by a basic discussion of their feasibility and impact.||Recommended strategies and their justification are somewhat substantiated and are followed up by a relevant discussion of their feasibility and impact.||Recommended strategies and their justification are logical, substantiated and are followed up by a thorough discussion of its feasibility and impact.||Recommended strategies and their justification are logical, substantiated and are followed up by an in-depth and thorough discussion of their feasibility and impact.|
|Develop, structure and communicate a paper on global mindset and its relevance for University students (15 marks)||The paper is poorly structured/incoherent. Multiple errors in the use of language, and formatting. No/very limited adherence to consistent referencing standards.||Writing lacks structure, coherence and logic. Multiple errors in the use of language and formatting. Very limited adherence to consistent referencing standards.||Fair but sometimes inconsistent paper with some errors in structure, content, tone, formatting, and the use of language Sources are referenced with some errors||Adequate global mindsetpaper with coherent and consistent structure, content, tone, formatting and the use of language. Sources are referenced with minimal errors||Comprehensive and concise global mindset paper with coherent and audience appropriate structure, content, tone, formatting, and use of language. Sources are referenced with minor errors||Comprehensive, concise and insightful global mindset paper with coherent and audience-appropriate structure, content, tone, formatting and the use of language. All sources are accurately referenced|
Get expert help for Assignment 1: Developing the Global Mindset of University Students and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!