GUIDELINES FOR COMPLETING AND SUBMITTING ASSIGNMENTS
It is important that you read the entire contents of the module/unit before attempting any assignments. This will help you to understand how much work is involved so you can plan your time accordingly.
It is important that every piece of work submitted for each assignment is clearly labelled with the following:
STUDENT NUMBER STUDENT NAME MODULE TITLE
ASSIGNMENT (eg: A,B,C, or D)
You will be surprised at how many unlabelled/unidentified pieces of work we receive!
How to Submit Your Assignment
You should submit all assignments using the ‘My Uploads’ section on the VLS (found under each module dropdown in the ‘Course Modules’ area on the homepage of your VLS. If submitting hand-drawn scale plans, please ensure these include a scale-bar on the drawing and have been scanned appropriately.
Photographs of technical drawings will not be accepted.
We understand that there may be specific reasons why you prefer to submit your assignment as a hard copy and if this is necessary we are happy to accept work in this format. However, if you choose to submit any assignment by post you must note the following:
- We cannot take responsibility for any undelivered items, so only send work via secure delivery.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you keep the originals safe, so only send copies of your work (in colour where appropriate).
- Send to the National Design Academy at the Nottingham address in the programme handbook.
- We will not return any work to you until your course is completed and all quality assurance processes have been concluded.
- You will be responsible for the cost of returning the work to you.
REMEMBER TO LABEL EACH PIECE OF YOUR WORK!
DO’S & DON’TS
- DO please submit assignments before the due date shown on the VLS.
- DO clearly label every piece of work.
- DO double check that everything your Tutor will assess is included in your work.
- DO contact a Tutor at any time – don’t struggle – ever! If you can’t meet your ‘due’ date please ask for an extension.
- DO write your name and address on the outside of your envelope/parcel, in case your assignment goes missing in the mail.
- DO have your assignments weighed at the post office. We regret we are unable to pay excess postage for assignments.
- DO NOT telephone to see if we have received assignments until 14 days after posting please. We receive hundreds of assignments and checking them is a mammoth task!
Interior Design Practice Management Assignment MA Interior Design – Level 7
Credit Value: 30
|Module Learning Outcomes By the end of the module you should be able to:
|1. Demonstrate critical awareness of the impact of society and technology on design management and practice within the interior design industry. (Report)
|2. Critically examine a range of advanced project management skills appropriate to environmentally sustainable interior design. (Report and Tender Pack)
|3. Demonstrate critical understanding of resources, systems and processes within the context of an interior design practice. (Tender Pack and Contracts)
Students will be introduced to the professional practice of controlling and monitoring the progress of an environmentally sustainable, commercial interior design and construction programme, using industry standard Project Management principles and systems. This will reinforce and emphasise the logical sequences of the design process and provide an opportunity to explore the seminal relationships in the interior design process with business practice and management.
The Module Descriptor describes the summative assessment of this module like this – A coursework portfolio comprising of:
- A 2000-word project management report (Learning Outcomes 1, 2, and 3)
- A Tender Pack including rationale, plans, and specifications (Learning Outcomes 2 and 3)
- Appropriate contracts of agreements (Learning Outcomes 3)
How much time should you dedicate to this module?
Delivery is by distance learning with a comprehensive resource handbook on the VLE and available to download containing topic information, example questions and email and telephone support being available through our online VLE known as the Virtual Learning Studio (VLS), individual tutorials and student forum. Specialist knowledge will be delivered by staff through video input.
Study is by independent learning with tutor support of approximately 10 hours per module but students may access tutors whenever they choose within the working week 9-5 BST.
Academic Led Online Lectures 100 hours
Self-Directed Online Learning 130 Hours
Tutorials via e-mail, Skype and telephone 10 hours
Assessment 60 hours
Total Hours 300 hours
|1, 2, 3
|A Referring to the brief (see additional download in the assignments section), produce a report for the client on your approach to managing this project. You must include timescales and costings. N.B. This is not a design project – you are tasked with Project Managing the design provided in the brief.
|The word count for this report is 2000 words. Remember that in this project, you are not the Designer, you are the Project Manager.
|B As the main contractor, produce a Tender Pack to provide information to one of your chosen sub-contractors. The pack must include rationale, plans and specifications.
|See Module content for information on Tender Packs.
|C Produce contracts of agreement between the Project Manager (you) and three major sub-contractors (each with different responsibilities) for your project.
|An example contract is provided for guidance only.
|Maximum Marks Achievable
|Actual Marks Achieved
|Task A: Produced a report on your approach to the project management of an interior design installation project to include timescales and costings.
|Task B: Produced a Tender Pack to provide information to one of your chosen sub-contractors for the interior design installation.
|Task C: Produced contracts of agreement between the Project Manager and three major sub-contractors (each with different responsibilities) for the interior design installation.
Get expert help for COMPLETING AND SUBMITTING ASSIGNMENTS and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!