The University of Newcastle, Australia
Newcastle Business School, Faculty of Business and Law IBUS2003 – International Trade Logistics
Assessment 3: Individual Report (35%), Due on 18 Nov 2020 by 11:59pm SGT
Choose ONE overseas manufactured consumer product that you consume or know very well. Prepare a 3,500 words report on shipping it (by ocean or air freight) to Singapore. Your report should describe, explain, discuss and evaluate the relevant logistical transportation, documentation, storage, packaging, containerisation and customs clearance considerations in its importation through one of the ports or air cargo terminals in Singapore.
In your report, detail the fundamental considerations that you would consider in shipping the product to Singapore from the premises of any credible overseas supplier via an overseas seaport or airport to Singapore. Also, highlight in detail the nature and physical characteristics of your product and how its physical characteristics will impact its packing, packaging, materials-handling, transportation, documentation, labelling, containerisation, transit storage and shipping to Singapore. Include logistics considerations for onward delivery from the ports or air cargo terminals to a specified warehouse located at an industrial area in Singapore.
Note to students:
- As this assignment requires a substantial amount of research on the international trade logistics considerations for a real consumer product, plan you time well to complete this assignment.
- When deciding on a consumer product, be wise to consider one which allows you permissible access to information on international trade logistics considerations related to the product.
Below is the suggested report format that will help you to present your assignment in a logical and easy to read manner:
Packing and packaging
- Physical characteristic
- Types of packaging
- Labeling and design
- Warehousing Documentation
- The commercial invoice
- Export sales contract
- Consular/customs/pro-forma invoice
- Packing list
- Bill of Lading
- Certificate of origin and value
- Pre-shipment inspection certificate
- Certificate of marine insurance
- Miscellaneous certificates Conclusion
Get expert help for IBUS2003 – International Trade Logistics and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!