MATLAB (an abbreviation of “MATrix LABoratory”) is a non-free or closed platform that is classified as a multi-paradigm (a program that supports more than one paradigm) programming software and numeric computing platform, founded by MathWorks. This programming language and math computing language first appeared in the late 1970s and had its stable release in March 2022. This programming software is reputable for its recent updates and user-friendly interface. The recently released toolbox, live editor notebook, and several other updates have been the talk of the technology industry for a while. Note that MATLAB is closed software, which means that users are required to pay to use it.
Features of MATLAB
One of the most appealing aspects of this programming language, MATLAB, is that it can be used for a variety of purposes in a variety of industries. Other than this, MATLAB contains various other features for the users to use. Some of them include:
- High-Level Language
- Interactive Environment
- Handling Graphics
- The Library of Mathematical Functions
- Application Program Interface (API)
- Accessing Data
- Interfacing with Other Languages
- Data Processing
- Text Analytics
- Multi-Platform Deployment
The main uses of MATLAB
Despite the fact that this software is only available via subscription, programming and technology experts believe the investment is worthwhile for users whose occupation is related to:
- Numeric computing
- Deep learning and machine learning
- Signal processing and communications
- Image and video processing
- Control systems
- Measurement and testing
- Computational finance
- Computational biology
- Embedded Systems
- Control systems
- Digital signal processing
- Wireless communications
- image processing and computer vision.
- The above are just some of the main sectors in which MATLAB provides its services. There are several other professions that can use MATLAB for the ease of their work.
Requirements for Matlab
For MATLAB to provide a diverse variety of services based on different industries and for it to work smoothly, it needs some essential software. This software ensures that MATLAB can provide its services in the most efficient and error-free manner possible. They include:
- Windows 10 (version 1709 or higher)
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1.
- Windows Server 2019
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Any Intel or AMD x86-64 processor will suffice.
- Recommended: Any Intel or AMD x86-64 processor with four logical cores will work. The AVX2 instruction set supports
- A minimum of 3 GB of HDD space for MATLAB, but only 5-8 GB for a typical installation.
- Recommended: An SSD is recommended.
- A full installation of all MathWorks products may take up to 31 GB of disc space.
- 4 GB as a minimum.
- Recommended: 8 GB for Polyspace.
- No specific graphics card is required.
- A hardware-accelerated graphics card supporting OpenGL 3.3 with 1 GB of GPU memory is recommended.
MATLAB software Advantages :
According to the reports of 2929, MATLAB has gained almost 4 million users worldwide. Programming and numerical computing is a well-known industry with a lot of competition within it. It is surely due to some special advantages that MATLAB provides that it could beat its rivals to reach where it is now. Some of the advantages include:
- Implement and test your algorithms easily.
- Create computational codes quickly.
- Debug easily.
- Use a large database of built-in algorithms.
- The process stills images and creates simulation videos easily.
- Symbolic computation can be easily done.
- Calling external libraries
- Perform extensive data analysis and visualization.
- Develop an application with a graphical user interface.
MATLAB software disadvantages
Despite the major perks, MATLAB does have some flaws in its working and design structure. The primary ones are:
- MATLAB is an interpreted language, and hence it takes more time to execute than other compiled languages such as C and C++.
- It is more expensive than a regular C or Fortran compiler. Individuals find it expensive to purchase.
- It requires a fast computer with a sufficient amount of memory. This adds to the cost for individuals willing to use it for programming.
- It is difficult to develop real-time applications using MATLAB as it sits “on top” of windows.
- It is not free, and hence users need to obtain a licensed version from MathWorks, Inc.
Despite the fact that it is not open-source software and the other minor hitches, MATLAB is indeed a useful, resourceful programming language and a numeric computing environment for people with programming-related professions.
Note: If you want help on your assignment then, just stop searching for other instant service resources in Australia and place your order on our services as soon as possible.