For this Final Assignment, worth 60% of the final mark, the student must carry out the following work:
Topic: International Finance: Case Study
For this assignment, by selecting a country and its currency, you are required to evaluate an event (political, economic, financial, etc.) in the past 5 years that had an impact on the currency (appreciation or depreciation of the currency and the effects over the financial market, etc). You are required to create a case study which has:
- Introduction: define the objectives of your work and explain the event clearly. Examples of such events could be: political and governmental changes, financial crisis, change in monetary and fiscal policies, etc. The introduction must also contain the research question you will answer in the conclusion.
- Frame, define and evaluate the event that impacts the national currency,
- Explain the reasons for such event,
- Describe the economic impact on:
- Local companies
- International companies operating on that country.
- Macroeconomic indicators in the country (GDP, interest rate, CPI and etc.)
- The citizens of the country (living in the country and abroad)
o Explain and analyze the economic exposure of the country analyzed in the international scenario. Financial competitiveness indexes should support your analysis.
- Conclusion and recommendation:
o After summarizing your arguments, recap the research question and write a coherent and detailed conclusion.
- Provide recommendations: your recommendation should be specific and must follow on from previous sections. The recommendations must be well- grounded in the evidence and appropriate to the selected event.
o You must also discuss the relevance of the conclusions and recommendations for the management, businesses, policy makers, and investors.
- The conclusions and recommendations must be in the context and widely applicable.
· You are creating a case study, so please ensure that you put all the references and sources both for in-text citation and in the bibliography following Harvard Referencing.
Release: 07th of May 2021 23:59 CET
Deadline: Upload your answers latest until 23:59 CET on 14th of May 2021.
- Please plan and manage your time, since network issues can cause difficulties with the submission of your paper on time.
- Do not submit papers in the last minutes before the deadline. Turn-it-in can be overloaded and the submission can fail.
Time-frame for this assignment: 7 days Word count: total: max 2000 words.
Structure of the Case Study answers:
- Cover page: The first page must contain the full name of the student, the logo of the school as well as the name of the course and the name of the professor.
- The Table of Contents
- Introduction: Background, Scope and Method of Investigation
- Critical Discussion: Analysis using theories and models studied in class, and use of facts, figures, graphs and visual material
- Bibliography: You should use the Harvard Referencing System.
Please see EUBS’s recommendations for avoiding plagiarism, located in the Master’s and MBA Student Guidelines.
The work must be uploaded on the appropriate Turnitin folder created by the course Faculty Member on Moodle.
The title of the student’s submitted file should contain the following information:
- Name of this course
- Name of the Faculty Member / Teacher
- Student’s full Name
- Student ID number
- Title of this assignment (Mid-Term / Final)
The exact time as when the assignment can be started and up to when it must be submitted (uploaded into Turnitin) are provided by the course Faculty Member and indicated on the Moodle page of this course.
|Point distribution||Point distribution||Total points|
|Research question||Research Question defined 5 Marks||5|
|Event||Event evaluated 5 Marks||Impact clearly described 5 Marks||Background researched and described 5 Marks||15|
|Impact||On local companies clearly evaluated 5 Marks||On international companies operating in that country evaluated 5 Marks||10|
|Macroeconomic indicators||GDP 5 Marks||Interest Rate 5 Marks||Delta in int. Trade 5 Marks||15|
|Citizens||Impact evaluated 5 Marks||5|
|Economic exposure||Analysed and described 10 Marks||Financial Competitiveness Explained 5 Marks||15|
|Conclusion||Research question answered 5 Marks||Recommendation valid 10 Marks||15|
Get expert help for MBA303 INTERNATIONAL FINANCE and many more. 24X7 help, plag-free solution. Order online now!