Systems thinking requires us to take a holistic view of the world we live in and the organisations we work with. This assessment has been prescribed to appraise students’ ability to think holistically and generate discussion around recognising and understanding organisational operations using a Systems Thinking lens. The assessment will broaden students’ knowledge of and appreciation for using a different approach to look for and solve problems faced by managers in contemporary organisations.
- Please review the MGT603 Assessment 1 (Part A) list of case organisations (found in the Assessment 1 – Part A Proposal Individual & Part B Critique Individual page on MGT603 Blackboard).
- From the MGT603 Assessment 1 (Part A) list of case organisations, only choose ONE (1) case organisation for MGT603 Assessment 1 (Part A).
- Read and research widely on the selected case organisation and find out how “COVID- 19 Pandemic” has created a significant issue/challenge/problem for your selected case organisation in 2021 and how “Systems Thinking Approach” can assist in making optimal decisions.
- You are then required to prepare and post in the Assessment 1 Discussion Forum at least ONE (1) original post identifying intended or unintended consequences on various stakeholders of your chosen organisation and then recommend/propose alternative policies/procedures using Systems Thinking approach to help overcome the problem.
Key points to consider in your MGT603 Assessment 1 (Part A):
- Your proposal should be “holistic”.
- You must include references to “Systems Thinking Literature”. Please make sure to
use at least 3 academic-related references (e.g. peer-reviewed journal articles, book chapters, and conference papers) and at least 2 other references (e.g. newspaper, magazines, websites, etc.). It is essential to use appropriate APA style for citing and referencing research.
- Make sure to consider using Systems Thinking tools such as Rich Picture and CATWOE in your MGT603 Assessment 1 (Part A).
- Make sure to number all sections and sub-sections within your assessment (e.g. 1, 1.1, etc.).
- All inserted Figures and Tables within the assessment require being labelled and numbered appropriately (e.g. Figure 1: Rich Picture …., Table 1: CATWOE Analysis ….). They all require being initially stated/introduced and then discussed in-detail and in-depth. Please make sure to provide the source/reference for the information expressed via the Figures and Tables.
- § Make sure to provide a brief rational of why it is important to use Systems Thinking and relevant tools and techniques to solve the identified organisational problem to minimize adverse consequences.
- § Please make sure to write in the “third person” (e.g. The author, The writer, etc.).
From the below list, please select only ONE case organisation for your Assessment 1 (Part A) and follow the provided instructions within the MGT603 Assessment Brief 1.