MINOR PROJECT / SEMINAR EVALUATION: GUIDELINES
For the project, student needs to select a relevant and a recent business opportunity/ industry challenges/future trends as a topic based upon their personal interests or professional aspirations.
The project is completely based on secondary research. Students can refer to latest trade magazines and journals to select the area of the project. Students can follow methods of secondary research data collection like internet research, e-library sources, newspaper websites, Youtube videos, television series and so on.
Students must ensure to include the following:
- Theme or area of the project.
- Detailed background study of the area.
- Observations/ Recommendations/ Conclusion
It is important to show the application of knowledge gained in prior semesters into the project.
Phases of Project Submission
- Submit Project Summary
- Upload Project Report
- Upload Plagiarism Report acknowledging 85% originality
On successful uploading of project work report, student will receive an intimation through the registered email address
Part 2: Viva Submission
- Viva Questions will be accessible only after uploading Project Work.
- Viva Questions will include 5 descriptive questions (6 marks each) related to your specific project.
- Viva questions are mandatory for the final project submission.
Components of Project Report
- Topic: The topic is the specific area that you wish to investigate.
- Title: The title of the project describes the exact work done in the project. It can be 12-15 words in length.
- Selection of Project work Topic
- The choice of topic for the project work and the approach to be adopted needs to be based on the field of specialization.
- It is important to distinguish between ‘project work topic’ and ‘project work title’. The topic is the specific area that you wish to investigate. The title may not be decided until the project work has been written to reflect its content properly.
- Selection of Project work Topic
- The project topic should conform to the following:
- Relevant to business or technology, defined broadly
- Related to one or more of the subjects or areas of study within the core program and specialization
- Clearly focused to facilitate in-depth study, subject to the availability of adequate sources of information and to your own knowledge
- Of value and interest to you and your personal and professional development.
- Project Summary/Extended Abstract: An abstract is an overview or a brief summary of project work, which helps the reader to ascertain the purpose of carrying the project work. It acts as a stand-alone entity for the complete project work.
- Introduction of the Study: It provides information about the topic chosen and details of the area/industry to which the project belongs to.
- Objective(s) of the Study: It defines the purpose of undertaking the project.
- Literature Review (Background Study): Literature review (secondary sources) is the evaluation of substantive findings and theoretical and methodological contribution to a particular topic.
- Research methodology: It is the implementation of methods or techniques to efficiently evaluate and analyze a research problem, which helps the reader to assess the validity and reliability of the study.
- Data interpretation: Interpret and elaborate findings of the research
- Recommendations and Conclusion: Suggestions based on critical analysis of the results
- Bibliography & References: This section provides a list of each author and paper cited in the research report.
- Any fact, idea, or direct quotation used in the report should be cited and referenced.
- Figures, graphs. Tables, Appendices and References should follow the American Psychological Association (APA) Style guide, 6th edition.
Important instructions and information on Project Submission:
- Student should select an original and relevant topic for investigation.
- The title of the project should not be more than 12wordsin length.
- The complete Project Work should be submitted in 2000-3500words.
- Use Font: Times New Roman; Font size: 12; Double-spaced; 1-inch (2.5cm) margin all around.
- Submit project report along with extended abstract and a plagiarism report acknowledging 85%originality.
- Student will receive an intimation through a registered email address, on successful uploading of project work report.
- Viva Questions will be accessible after uploading Project Work. Viva Questions will include 5 descriptive questions (6 marks each) related to your specific project.
- Project submission will be accepted only after the Project file is uploaded and Viva questions are answered.
- Students must submit all Project Components (Extended Abstract, Project Report, Plagiarism Report, and Viva Answers).
- In case of incomplete details, students will be asked to resubmit all project documents which would lead to delinquency in Academic Completion and Extension Fee.
- Plagiarism check would be conducted before evaluation, for all the Project Report submissions. If any report exceeds 15% plagiarism, the same would be rejected and the student will undergo the process of resubmission as per rules. the process of plagiarism checking, it will be rejected for resubmission.