In this report you will analyse and model a business process from a real organisation of your choice and then design improvements to it. Your work will take the form of a report to the organisation from which the process comes.
- Identify a business process to use as the basis for the assignment. An ideal business process is one from an organisation where you have worked or a community organisation you have been involved with. This close association is best because it means that you will have the depth of understanding of the chosen process needed to model it accurately, and understanding of the issues associated with it that could be addressed by business process improvement. Alternatively, you could interview someone else to gain knowledge about a process they are involved with.
- Model the process using BPMN in Microsoft Visio
- Analyse the process to identify issues that could be resolved using business process redesign. Your As-Is model should provide a basis for this.
- Design improvements to the process. For example, consider automating some tasks by using information technology or changing the sequence of activities or making parallel paths in the process. As part of this you must consider why the To-Be process will be an improvement compared to the As-Is process and what performance indicators could be used to measure success of the redesign.
- Model the redesigned process using BPMN in Microsoft Visio
- Create a report to the management of the organisation from which the process comes. Note that presentation of the report including formatting and table of contents is very important and that it should be written in professional language suitable for a manager to read. It should be structured as described below.
Your report should have the following structure and should be submitted as one document (but you can also submit a supplementary file if it is listed in the table of contents):
- Title page. This should include the name of the process being addressed, the company the process belongs to and your names and ID.
- Table of contents. This should be generated using the Word Table of Contents feature
- Introduction. This should include the purpose of the report
- Background about the organisation. This should provide general background as well as information that will help to understand the context in which the process occurs
- Background about the process. This section should provide supporting information about the process and should also include a description of how the information required to analyse the process was obtained.
- As-Is model of the business process. Modelling must be done in BPMN and can be supplemented with descriptions of assumptions and business rules etc. as needed. You must include an image of the model. Note: You should also upload the Visio file.
- Issues with the process. This section should explain issues and problems that have been identified with respect to the current process.
- Recommendations for improvement. This section should explain the improvements that are being recommended and describe why the To-Be process is an improvement compared to the As-Is process. Recommendations can include the use of specific commercial software. This section should also discuss what performance indicators could be used to measure success.
- To-Be model of the business process. Modelling should be done in BPMN. . You must include an image of the To-Be process. Note: You should also upload the Visio file.
NOTE: You must also submit a copy of the Microsoft Visio file that contains your As-Is and To-Be models.
There is no word limit but the report must be detailed and explained well, including how many interviews were taken or how the information for the process was obtained from the company chosen.
Get expert help for Model the process using BPMN in Microsoft Visio and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!