Learning Outcomes and Assessment Criteria
|Learning Outcomes – the learner will:
|Assessment Criteria – the learner can:
|1. Be able to evaluate change agents’ knowledge, attributes skills and development.
|Critically analyse the relationship between leadership and change agents.Critically analyse the characteristics and attributes of change agents.Critically evaluate the effectiveness of change agents.
|2. Be able to critically analyse approaches to organisational change and their processes.
|Critically evaluate change theories, tools and techniques.Evaluate the internal and external triggers of change that may impact on an organisation.Develop a change management strategy for an organisation taking stakeholders into account.
|3. Be able to create a plan and implement effective change within an organisation.
|Assess and select relevant tools and techniques to implement and manage change.Develop a plan to implement a change in an organisation.Develop measures to monitor and evaluate progress of the change plan.
|4. Be able to analyse stakeholder responses to organisational change.
|Assess possible risks associated with an organisation’s change process.Apply a stakeholder analysis to understand possible resistance to change.Critically appraise relevant strategies to manage resistance to change in organisations.
|5. Be able to involve functional areas in an organisation’s change management.
|Explain the relationship between management disciplines and effective organisational change.Critically analyse the role of various business functions/departments within change management.Evaluate an integrated change management plan for an organisation.
Your local GPDOCS medical practice, has traditionally been open to serve patients from 8h00-17h00 Mondays to Fridays and closes on weekends. GPDOCS medical practice is entirely government funded and has no private patients. The practice employs 13 doctors, 4 nurses and 15 administration staff.
GPDOCS provides free medical services to 15,000 registered patients in South London. The Practice Manager, Mr. Dee at GPDOCS is involved in managing all of the business aspects of the practice such as making sure that the right systems are in place to provide a high quality of patient care, human resources, finance, patient safety, premises and equipment and information technology. The Practice Manager also supports the GPs and other medical professionals with delivering patient services and also helps to develop extended services to enhance patient care.
A change in government policy has meant that GPDOCS must now be open from 7h00-20h00 Monday to Friday, and also open on Saturdays 9h00-14h00. Although the government changed policy and the contract, it has not offered any additional funding to deliver the enhanced service. The government has also stated that the change must be implemented within a three-month time frame.
GPDOCS staff received the news with dismay but accept that they will have to reorganise their work patterns to accommodate the change in policy. The Practice Manager, Mr. Dee has been tasked with the development of a change strategy and has asked for your help.
Task 1 of 2 – Strategic Change Plan
(AC 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 5.1, 5.2, 5.3)
Mr. Dee has asked you to develop the change strategy for GPDOCS using an established change model. Mr. Dee last studied business ten years ago and is not sure whether he should use Kotter’s 8 Change Model, Lewin’s change management model or Hiatt’s ADKAR model to manage the change.
Develop a change management strategy, considering the GPDOC’s stakeholders that incorporates the following sections:
- Conduct a stakeholder analysis for GPDOCS and summarise the results in a stakeholder map highlighting interest and influence groupings.
- Use the results of the stakeholder analysis to identify and evaluate resistance to the change process.
- Critically evaluate the three change management models, their relative advantages and disadvantages, and justify the selection of a model to apply at GPDOCS.
- Critically discuss the involvement of the functional areas in developing a change plan
- Draft a strategic change plan for GPDOCS by applying the selected change management model with timelines and SMART progression metrics.
Delivery and Submission:
- 1x Strategic Change Plan document (3500 words) excluding TOC, diagrams, references and appendices
Task 2 of 2 – Report (AC 1.1, 1.2, 1.3)
The Practice Manager, Mr. Dee has read that leadership is a critical success factor in most transformational changes. He has also read that it often helpful to employ external consultants as change agents.
He has asked you to draft a report for GPSDOCS board that analyses :
- The relationship between leadership and change agents in transformational change
- The characteristics and attributes of change agents
- The relative importance of change agents and their role
- The advantages and disadvantages of using external consultants as change agents.
Delivery and Submission:
- 1x Report (1000 words) excluding TOC, diagrams, references and appendices
- Each section must reflect any supporting Harvard style citations.
- A comprehensive Harvard style reference list must be included at the end of the work.
Evidence to be submitted:
- Strategic change plan – 3500 words
- Report – 1000 words
Get expert help for OTHM LEVEL 7 DIPLOMA IN STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP | ASSIGNMENT BRIEFS and many more. 100% safe, Plag free, 24X7 support, Order Online Now!No Fields Found.