In the computer science sector, programming languages are the core of everything. They are mainly used to create, design and develop apps or websites. People even say that if the alphabets are the core of the English language, then all programming languages are the core of the computer science industry. Programming languages are used not only to create websites and program boards, they are used even for AI (Artificial Intelligence) which is popular nowadays. Programming languages mainly allow people to give instructions to the computer and it helps to understand the language which the computer can understand.
From the time computer was invented, many programmes were introduced and it was improved over time. There are several languages which were cancelled due to serious flaws in the structure and design. There are many programming languages which are used nowadays for different purposes. C++, C, Java, Python and HTML are the prominent programming languages used nowadays by professional programmers and students.
Uses of Programming Languages
As cited above, there are many programming languages used nowadays, all cannot be used for a particular purpose. This means that one programming language which can be used for designing websites may not be suitable for programming boards like Arduino or Raspberry Pi.
Different programming languages have different purposes and different languages are of different levels like beginner, intermediate and master’s levels depending on the complexity and difficulty of to program.
Some of the names of famous programming languages along with their use include;
- Python — Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Java — Enterprise Application Development
- R — Data Analysis
- C/C++ — Operating Systems and System Tools
- Golang — Server-Side Programming
- C# — Application & Web Development Using.NET
- PHP — Web Development
- HTML — Creating websites and apps
- CSS- adding creative designs and features to HTML apps and websites.
Advantages of Programming Languages
Programming languages are used for almost all applications in our daily life. However, there are several reasons why programming languages are soo famous and are being thought in different universities and for different courses and degrees across the globe. Some of the major pros or advantages of learning, practising and making programming languages one’s career include:
- Sharpen Your Problem Solving Skills
- Employment Prospects
- Very fast and Accurate
- Automate your Work/Business
- Become more Technically Minded
- Build Superb Websites
- Analyze and Visualise Data with ease
- Can increase creativity regarding designs and structure
- Programming languages have high security
- Is clean and efficient
Disadvantages of Programming Languages
Even though disadvantages are efficient and speedy, they have some major cons or flaws which make them less attractive to work on for some students and make them consider other fields of career. Some of the major flaws in different programming languages include:
- HTML and CSS: It does not give an exceptionally high salary because it requires all frontend web development jobs. Browser issues are always a concern.
- PHP: Its popularity is declining compared to newer modern languages such as Python. Many developers do not consider it viable.
- SQL: Can be challenging to master. Dealing with stored data can be tedious.
- C++: Not the first language suitable for beginners. Incredibly complex due to its age and universal applicability. Not ideal for web development.
- C#: Not as powerful or as fast as C++.
- Python: Slower than other languages. Python skills don’t translate well to other systems.
- Java: Difficult to learn. Low performance. Popularity tends to decrease.
Career Options With Regard To Programming Languages
There are several career options related to programming languages despite the several flaws. There are degrees and courses as well which can help to enhance one’s programming skills. Some of the many career options include:
- Software application developer.
- Web developer.
- Computer systems engineer.
- Database administrator.
- Computer systems analyst.
- Software quality assurance (QA) engineer
- Business intelligence analyst.
- Computer programmers
Degree Courses Related to Programming Languages
In recent years, there has been a wide increase in job and career opportunities related to programming languages. So, naturally, there will be an increase in degrees and courses to hone programming skills. Different countries provide different types of courses like the Btech degree in India and several others. Many colleges provide short courses to help students enhance their skills in a small time period.
Note: If you want help on your assignment then, just stop searching for other instant service resources in Australia and place your order on our services as soon as possible.