2.4 Assessment Details
2.4.1 Project Proposal: Critical Literature Review
Due: 21 August 2021
Length: 2000 words (10% leeway)
Curriculum Mode: Essay
Select an area of social work practice, such as child protection, community development, refugees and migrants, ageing, mental health, corrections, disability, or an area of direct interest to your area of practice. Identify the limitations of conventional social work practice in this field and suggest possible alternative and progressive approaches.
You will be assessed on:
1. The extent to which you have identified the limitations of conventional social work in the field. (50%)
2. Your understanding of alternative progressive forms of practice. (40%)
3. Appropriate presentation and structure of paper. (10%)
-10 min references are required. Use only the prescribed text books and google scholar articles.
-use Harvard style
1.1 Essential Reading
Morley, C., Ablett, P. and McFarlane, S. (2019), Engaging with Social Work: A Critical Introduction, Cambridge University Press: Cambridge.
1.2 Recommended Readings
Ife, J. (2012), Human Rights and Social Work: Towards a rights-based practice, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
Van Wormer, K. and Link, R. (2018), Social Work and Social Welfare: A human rights foundation, Oxford University Press, Oxford.
Kleibl, T. et al. (eds.) (2020), The Routledge Handbook of Postcolonial Social Work, Routledge, London.
Allan, J., Briskman, L. and Pease, B. (2009), Critical Social Work: Theories and practices for a socially just world, Allen and Unwin, Sydney.
Webb, S. (ed) (2019), The Routledge Handbook of Critical Social Work, Routledge, London.
- Use subheadings in essay and it is done in format Introduction, body and conclusion.
Information on the first assignment.
- It is acceptable to use an international example when selecting a field/topic for your assignment
- When selecting a field of practice, for example domestic violence, some of the conservative/conventional/traditional approaches might include those that focus solely on the individual such as psychodynamic theory whereas the more progressive/critical approaches might include anti-oppressive theory or feminist theories that look more broadly at structural issues such as patriarchy
- You need to show you understand such theories, which is to some extent descriptive material from the literature but also take an applied approach to the topic you have selected. Looking widely at literature on your chosen field will help with that.
- You can use both the third person and first person in your assignment. The first person is appropriate when you are discussing a topic that arises from personal experience or those of people you know. But on whole, first person (I) does not work so well when reviewing the literature and is best saved for the third reflective essay.
A rubric will be provided.
Get professional help for Project Proposal: Critical Literature Review and many more. Plag free, globally trusted 100% safe. Order Online Now!No Fields Found.