Purpose: The purpose of this assessment is to deepen student’s understanding of the characteristics of leadership styles and the dynamic relationship of leadership with workplace communication and culture.
Aim: This assessment provides the student the opportunity to apply and evaluate leadership styles in a scenario involving making changes to improve workplace communication and culture.
Essay – critical. Reflection scenario-based essay [ 50 % marks]
1500 words, + – 10 % is okay
More than 5 references need to be included
Referencing style APA 7, less than 5 years of references
(Do not include references in introduction and conclusion)
Scenario: A recent staff survey has revealed areas of concern regarding workplace communication, workplace culture and a ’blaming’ patient safety culture. The leadership team meets and decides to make changes to achieve the following improvement goals; to improve communication and workplace culture and to introduce a ’no blame’ culture in relation to patient safety.
Discuss how the leadership team may apply two leadership styles to make changes to achieve these goals and evaluate how these two leadership styles may be facilitators or barriers to changes that will achieve these goals.
Include in your discussion.
- An opening sentence
- General background information related to topic
- Thesis statement
- Outline of main ideas covered in body
- Do not include examples in the introduction
A definition of workplace culture and an explanation of how a ’no blame’ culture assists in improving patient safety (Do not include examples in introduction)
- Topic sentence (Essay topic + Main idea)
- Definition of workplace culture
- Explan how a no blame culture assists in improving patient safety
- Support each reason with evidence
- Wrap up the section with concluding sentence
A description of the characteristics of two leadership styles
- Describe two leadership styles that would fit the essay
- Provide characteristics of the leadership styles used
- End with a concluding sentence
Application of the chosen two leadership styles to make changes to achieve the goals of improved communication, improved workplace culture and introducing a ’no blame’ patient safety culture.
- Begin with a topic sentence
- Draw on the characteristics of the leadership styles choose and compare the scenario
- How would this leadership characteristics be applied to the given scenario (Communication, workplace culture and “no blame” culture)
- Finish with a concluding sentence
An evaluation of how the characteristics of these two leadership styles act as either facilitators or barriers to changes that will achieve these improvements.
- Evaluate as per given
- Where the facilitators or barriers to changes for improvements in essay
- Summaries main ideas covered in the body paragraph
- Draws main idea together by restating thesis
- Offer final comments
- Note – Do not include new information
- Do not include intext citation
Get expert help for Reflection scenario-based essay and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!