The guided learning presented in this module gives a relatively generic view of quality from academic and industrial backgrounds. However, the implementation of quality systems often differs depending on the organisation and industry sectors.
For this assignment you are required to write a reflective report, summarising your experience of quality based on your professional practice. You should include a reflective account comparing and contrasting the practices you have experienced with the module guided learning and associated reading.
The report should make reference to the topics covered in the module. As a guide it should include the following topics as a minimum:
- An introduction to the role, area or department being discussed.
- Your experiences of quality implementations including:
- Definition of quality in the context of your role, department and/or company.
- How quality is measured and associated costs evaluated.
- How well embedded the culture of quality is in the organisation or department.
- Are there management system(s) in place to support philosophies such as lean and Six Sigma?
- Is there a process of continuous improvement or a reactive approach to quality?
- Alignment with best practice.
- A reflective discussion of how your experience of industry practice aligns with the theory / teaching.
- Discussion of potential further improvements that could be implemented.
Your report must be no more than 2,000 words long. You must submit it as a Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format file, via Canvas.
Please refer to University policy regarding overlength assignments in the Academic Regulation section of the Student Hub.
This assignment is marked out of 100, considering the following assessment criteria:
- Overview of the organisation, role or department being discussed, covering the function and quality requirements / measures [20 marks]
- Discussion of quality in practice [30 marks]
- Reflection on alignment of professional practice and theory [30 marks]
- Discussion of potential further improvements [20 marks]
Classification – Public
Get expert help for MIS605 Systems Analysis and Design and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!