Major Essay Step A – Research Proposal
Type of Collaboration: Individual
Due: BEFORE 11:59pm on Friday 6th of May 2022 (Week 9)
Submission: via vUWS
Format: This Research Proposal will outline how you will approach your topic for the Final
Research Report. More information is forthcoming.
Length: 500 words
Curriculum Mode: Proposal
This part of the assessment will provide a plan for the research to be conducted for your final report. Read the instructions in Assessment 4 to see what is required in the final report. The research proposal should include:
1. A preliminary title for your research that captures a valid sociological theory and religious topic area – The
assessment must have a title that helps us understand what you will investigate!
2. A description of the religious group and websites that you have found to study as key sites for this religion,
which you will investigate/observe and why you think they will be useful for analysis. This should relate to one of the theories you have learnt during this the subject.
3. A research question and a statement of the problem you will address – The question should be relevant to
the group, should include a sub-analysis and should relate to a theory you have learnt in the subject.
4. A description of the methods of study and analysis you will use to answer the question (methodology).
5. A description of the sub-analyses you will undertake and why you think they are relevant to the topic area and the group being analysed.
6. Some references that you have found on your topic of choice. At least 3 academic references, preferably
from journals. At least one that is NOT in the following lists. You should reference these for support in your proposal.No Fields Found.