SEE705 Energy Efficiency and Demand Management T1, 2022
Unit Chair: Nasser Hosseinzadeh
The objective of this project is to assess energy performance of an industrial facility, and provide energy efficiency improvement recommendations with reasonable justification. Each team of students should select a case study.
Make a team of two or three students, and work on this project in a team manner
Energy assessment usually requires energy audit and data analysis to find energy performance, and to identify any improvement initiative. In this activity, however, instead of in person energy audit, students are required to collect energy data directly from a processing/manufacturing industry, or from industry reports or academic articles published as case studies on energy performance assessment. Then evaluate the industry plant energy performance, identify opportunities for improving energy performance, provide an analysis with some results and illustrations.
This is an open ended practice; it is flexible, and you can do this project in a way that suits the case that you have selected. However, here are some steps that you may follow in doing this project.
- Collect energy consumption data from a case study (Monthly bills, daily consumption using digital data logger at least for a week)
- Familiarise yourself with the operation of the industry plant/process
- List the mix of energy use in the industry
- List any energy conversion process (e.g., Gas>Hot water)
- Collect energy consumption (Gas, Electricity, Diesel) and production data
- List the equipment/appliances used in the industry and categorise those in production and non-production category
- Collect information about production schedule and major equipment on/off schedule and techniques used
- Estimate (manual calculation using equipment rating and time of use) daily energy consumption
- Identify daily peak in energy consumption
- Calculate utilization factor of major systems (compare installed capacity with calculated demand), such as Boiler, Heating, Cooling, Refrigeration, Compressed Air
- Inspect energy conversion efficiency
- Inspect energy consumption trend of weekdays, weekends and various seasons
- Find correlation of energy consumption with production and outside temperature
- Assess the energy performance of the industry
- Propose improvement initiatives
- Make an analysis, provide results and illustration
One report per each team
Maximum 2000 words (excluding appendices)
Format of your own choice, but can be similar to the template provided in the previous two practicals.
The report should include:
Introduction, Procedure, Summary of Data, Analysis of Energy Performance prior to making any changes, Identified Opportunities for improving the energy performance, Recommendation of Modifications based on the identified opportunities, Analysis of Energy Performance after making changes, Results and Illustrations, Conclusions.
- Reflection of individual contributions to the project and highlighting how you have achieved the learning outcomes given in the Unit Guide.
- Details of collected data
The report will be assessed according to the provided rubric.
Order now SEE705 Energy Efficiency and Demand Management T1, 2022 Assignment, Get Professional help, 24X7 support, and 100% safe, order now!