Your final project should aim to solve a problem within that follows the SENSE-THINK-ACT Paradigm that you have studied in SIT123. You may select any idea within smart homes, entertainment, age care, childcare, pet care, energy use, environmental preservation (plant, water or other resources), healthy living, gardening, transportation etc. Innovative ideas based on research and personal inquiry are more appreciated. You should discuss them with your tutor during the lab work time.
Your project is expected to provide following components:
- Research and define a problem that needs a sensor-based solution.
- Use of correct sensors to collect data over a period of time as relevant to the problem.
- Data analysis of the information collected through sensors.
- Data visualization that provides insights relevant to the problem of project.
- Technical Report Writing: defining your idea, the process of data collection and analysis, ethical concerns, and provide recommendations. (The template for the report will be provided on Cloud Deakin.)
Total = 30%
- 20% Technical Report (including project source code)
- 5% Poster (A3, PDF format)
- 5% Video Presentation (1-2 minutes)
Project Poster and Video Presentation: Friday Week 11
This is an individual assessment. All tasks (data collection, problem solving, designing, coding, testing, analysing) must be individual. The submission is individual.
You are expected to submit to relevant assignment folders on unit site.
Your submission needs to be in the form of a report, a poster and video presentation (digital version only).
In addition, all code must be compressed into one zip file and uploaded to CloudDeakin along with Technical Report.
The Technical Report must have all of the following sections:
- A description of the project and the problem it is solving in sufficient detail. This includes:
- Problem statement
- The hypothesis being tested and research questions this project addresses
- Detailed description of the approach. This includes the technology and resources used
- Architecture of the system components (hardware and software) and their interconnections. You can use diagrams/flowcharts with accompanying text descriptions.
- Photos of the actual hardware setup and environment
- Data collection process: Your data collection approach and accompanying evidence (e.g. how you cleaned & integrated data)
- Ethical concerns of the project
- Your results and a discussion on:
- How you have tested your hypothesis and a discussion around it.
- A visualization of your data
- Challenges & Lessons learnt
- Proposals for future extensions of the project.
Your Video Presentation should be a marketing style to pitch the project idea and show the results.
Get expert help for SIT123: Data Capture Technologies and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!