ITECH 5500 Professional Research and Communication
The purpose of this assessment is to enable students to demonstrate a critical awareness of previous research in an IT context within a chosen topic area through a basic understanding of research theory and techniques.
Overall goals of this assignment are to help you to:
- Become more knowledgeable about finding and using varied research sources in your chosen area in IT.
- Further develop your critical thinking skills and back up your points with evidence.
- Become more adept at synthesizing information and developing informed views.
- Discipline yourself to follow a scholarly research format to document in-text sources and a references page (bibliography).
You must work on this report individually.
Percentage Value of Task: 10% Due: 17.00 Friday Week 4 (see the Course Description or moodle submission link for the exact date for this semester)
Minimum time expectation: 3-8 hours
The following course learning outcomes are assessed by completing this assessment:
K1. Determine the role IT research plays in contributing to organisational innovation, and success. K2 Identify appropriate research philosophies for IT projects, which match organisational approaches.
S2. Demonstrate expert English language skills in academic and professional contexts. S3. Evaluate the quality and utility of literature sourced.
S4. Undertake a literature review for an organisational IT research project.
Application of knowledge and skills:
|A2.||Present written and oral reports to academic and organisational audiences.|
The report requires a critical analysis of literature relevant to a proposal. The purpose of the task is to help students identify and analyse relevant literature to assist in determining an appropriate topic for the research proposal.
You are required to submit:
- An interim research proposal (50-200 words) to provide context for your choice of literature.
- A synthesis matrix (as described in class). This should discuss at least 6 articles, and at least 5 or 6 main ideas discussed in those articles. Choose your articles carefully – these should be relevant to the core ideas of your chosen topic, and as far as possible published in reputable, peer-reviewed sources. If you have concerns about the quality of an article, discuss this with your tutor during lab classes.
- A list of references named in the synthesis matrix. These should be in APA referencing style.
You have already done quite a bit of work for this research in tutorials: you should have a tentative research issue, strategies and evidence to persuade your readers about the significance of the problem you’re researching, as well as the validity of your research issues. You also should consider opposing views or good counter-arguments that you can address in order to help establish your credibility and enhance the relevance of your paper.
The submission must contain the following sections, submitted in the order as listed below-
- Title – proposal title (10 words maximum)
- Proposal – summarization of the significant concepts in the proposed study focusing on key aspects (200 words max)
|Article #1||Article #2||….||Article #6|
|Main Idea A|
|Main Idea B|
|Main Idea E-F|
- C. References
References– include relevant literature sources (a list of full-text references)
See: Use FedCite to help create references for your assignments:
Submit an electronic copy of the Literature Synthesis Report via the submission link on the course Moodle page. Please refer to the Course Description for information regarding late assignments, extensions, special consideration, and plagiarism.
Plagiarism is the presentation of the expressed thought or work of another person as though it is one’s own without properly acknowledging that person. You must not allow other students to copy your work and must take care to safeguard against this happening. More information about the plagiarism policy and procedure for the university can be found at:
|Student Id.||Student name||Marked by|
|Title||9-10 Very coherent and succinct title||5-8 Coherent and succinct title||1-4 Title doesn’t convey the proposal||0 No title or incoherent title||/10|
|Proposal||16-20 Excellent problem identified with a succinct and clear proposal||10-15 Good problem identified, clear proposal outlined||4-9 Problem not clear, presentation poor||0-3 No or minimal proposal||/20|
|Literature Synthesis matrix||40-50 Sources are exceptionally well- integrated and they support claims argued in the paper very effectively.||30-39 Sources are well integrated and support the paper’s claims.||20-29 Sources support some claims made in the paper, but might not be integrated well within the paper’s argument.||0-19 The paper does not use adequate research or if it does, the sources are not integrated well.||/50|
|References||16-20 An appropriate number of authoritative references in APA style||10-15 Authoritative references in APA style with some deficiencies||4-9 Few authoritative references in APA style with many deficiencies||0-3 Too few authoritative references in poor adherence to APA||/20|
Get expert help for ITECH 5500 Professional Research and Communication Literature Synthesis and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!