Course: Bachelor of Accounting
Unit: LAW203 Taxation Law
Assessment Task: Task 2 – Individual Assignment
Assessment Marks: 30% or 30 marks
|Type (1)||When assessed – year, session and week||Weighting (% of total marks for unit)||Cross reference to learning outcomes|
|Case Study Assignment and Class Debate: Students will work in teams to analyse a business law case (actual or hypothetical) and present their findings in a written assignment.||Year 1, semester 3, week 11||30%||ULO 2 ULO 3 ULO 4 ULO 5|
Word Length: 2,000- 3000 words minimum (excluding footnotes/endnotes/references, legislation, and coversheet)
Assignment Type: Individual
Task Weight: 30%
Date Due: Week 20 February 2022 by 11.59 pm
Task Requirements: Problem Based Case Study Assignment
Use of Resources:
You are required to use a range of legal resources including textbooks, Journal Articles, Online Legal Resources, as supporting evidence for the arguments, analysis and discussion of the Assignment questions.
Submissions must be uploaded online on Moodle via the Turnitin Drop Box. Also, email a copy of your Assessment to your The completed assignment must be submitted on due date.
Feedback on Assignment:
Feedback and marks will be provided within two weeks of submission.
- Assignment must be submitted with a Cover Sheet, which includes your Name, Student ID, Date, Unit Code, and Unit Name.
- This is a Research assignment. Students should accordingly commence their research into the assignment topic. Students must use texts, scholarly articles and reputable online resources for their research, and these items, together with relevant cases and legislation, should be referred to in the assignment. Students are required to ‘go beyond’ the Prescribed Textbook and to use additional Library resources to support your answers.
- The assignment must be of 2000-3,000 (minimum) words in length excluding references/footnotes.
- The assignment must be typed or printed only on A4 paper [or Word Document] with 1.5 or double spacing and leaving a left-hand margin wide enough for examiners’ comments and corrections.
- The assignment must include Harvard Referencing or footnotes / in text references, a bibliography / references and may include a synopsis.
- Students are advised to appraise themselves of an understanding of plagiarism, and ensure they avoid committing it in their assignment.
- Assignments will be marked out of a possible 30 Marks.
- Assignments submitted after the due date will incur a penalty for late submission of one mark for each day the assignment is overdue unless an extension of time has been obtained from the subject lecturer or tutor prior to the due date. Any application for extension of time must be lodged on the appropriate form obtainable from the Faculty office and must be accompanied by any supporting evidence of the facts upon which the application is based.
|Problem Based Case Study Assignment|
Assessment Question 1:
Q1: Discuss and identify the principles explained in given case laws in relation to income from business. Apply IREC method.
- FCT v Whitfords Beach
- FCT v Myer Emporium
Q2: Discuss the importance of taxation systems and its impacts on the country.
Get expert help for LAW203 Taxation Law and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!