PORT 1 – Portfolio (Individual Work)
Word limit: 2000 words
Weighting of assessment: 50% of total marks Learning Outcomes Covered
- Evaluate and reflect on the influences driving demand within the business to
consumer and business to business markets and the factors influencing the strength of their influence.
- Critically assess the debate that surround corporate values and social responsibilities.
- To analyse competition and customer requirements in order to identify opportunities for competitive advantage within an industry.
- Identify different types of strategic change programmes and assess the value of different leadership styles in managing strategic change.
Crisis can bring opportunities for those who think strategically.
The impact of COVID 19 pandemic on business firms around the world is beyond our imagination. It is not only business firms which are affected. Many small and large economies are suffering with low economic activities. Despite this unfavorable situation prevailing, there are some business firms which are thriving in the crisis. Strategic thinking makes this difference. While the majority of firms struggle to survive those who think strategically explore and exploit opportunities ethically and emerge as examples for others to follow.
- Provide a factual account of the global socio-economic impact of COVID-19 and assess the influence of these global developments on the economy of the Sultanate of Oman.
- Provide a logical/ rational account of the economy of the Sultanate of Oman in the post COVID-19 pandemic times
- Identify a particular industry of your choice from the Sultanate of Oman and explain new potential opportunities the industry could capture due to the scenarios developed in the previous two tasks. The potential to be captured during the post pandemic era. You are advised to use one analytical model such as Porter’s five forces model.
- What strategies would you recommend for a single business organisation in the selected industry in terms of differentiation, positioning, managing a new culture required, and new governance structure?
The following criteria will be used when marking your Assignment:
- Provides a clear factual explanation of the global socio-economic impact of COVID-19, and its influence on the economy of the Sultanate of Oman is well explained (30%)
- Provides an acceptable a logical/ rational account of the economy of the Sultanate of Oman in the post COVID-19 pandemic era (20%)
- An industry from the Sultanate of Oman which is appropriate in terms of the high impact due to COVIC-19 pandemic is identified. New potential opportunities are explained with the use of a model. (20%)
- An appropriate business organisation in the chosen industry is identified. Strategies in terms of differentiation, positioning, managing a new culture required, and new governance structure are presented (30%)
|1||25-30 Excellent factual explanation of the COVID-19 impacts on the global and domestic socio economy||15-24 Very good factual explanation of the COVID-19 impact on the global and domestic socio economy||15 Fair factual explanation of the COVID-19 impact on the global and domestic socio economy||Less than 15 Poor or lack factual explanation of the COVID-19 impact on the global and domestic socio economy|
|2.||15-20 Excellent view of socio-economic settings in the post COVID-19 setting||10-14 Very good view of socio-economic settings in the post COVID-19 setting||10 Fair view of socio- economic settings in the post COVID-19 setting||Less than 10 Poor review|
|3||15-20 An excellent choice of industry and prudently identified potential opportunities||10-14 A very good choice of industry and well identified potential opportunities||10 A reasonable choice of industry and fair identification of opportunities||Less than 10 Poor answer|
|4||25-30 An appropriate business organization in the industry is chosen. Strategies are excellent||15-24 An appropriate business organization in the industry is chosen. Strategies are very good||15 Good business organization in the industry is chosen. Strategies are moderate or fair||Less than 15 Poor on both accounts, selection of organization and strategy development|
- Paper Size : A4
- Word Count : 2000 words
- Printing Margins : LHS; RHS: 1 Inch
- Binding Margin : ½ Inch
- Header and Footer : 1 Inch
- Printing : Single Sided
- Basic Font Size 12
- Font Style : Arial/Times New Roman
- Presentation : Bound Document
Important Information for Students
- The final version of your individual assignment softcopy needs to be uploaded to the Turnitin via Moodle before the deadline.
- Students are expected to keep a backup of all the assignments. Gulf College and Cardiff Metropolitan University have all the right to re call for soft copy of any assignment at any time during the course.
- Please note that plagiarism is treated as a serious offence and therefore the work you produce must be individual and original although may work in groups in some instances (Please refer to Student Handbook on Plagiarism & Cheating).
- All sources of information must be referenced using “Harvard referencing” where a reference listing should be included at the end of the assignment.
- Please note that the submission date given for this assignment is the final date that you can upload the assignment. No late submissions are allowed by the system.
- Please refer to Student Handbook on Assignments – Re-submission, mitigating circumstances procedure.
- Please include the assignment coversheet and feedback sheet in your softcopy of the assignment. Please avoid copying assignment question in your answer file.
Get expert help for Strategic Management MBA 7002 and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!