2021, MGMT2007 Organisational Behaviour
3,000-word Major Essay
Pick ONE of these major essay questions to write an essay:
Topic 1: Dealing with problems in an organisation under organisational change
Example Scenario: Organisation X has implemented some drastic organisational changes recently. As a result, some of its employees have been laid off. Among those who still remain in the organisation, the job nature of many of them has been changed. For example, some of them have been reallocated to a different division in anther city; some of them have to work in different departments or work-units. To meet the requirements of their new jobs and perform well, many of these employees have to learn new skills and acquire new techniques. Some of them feel that the supervisors and colleagues in the new work-units are not as friendly as those in their previous work-units. Potential problems should be identified, and effective managerial approaches should be implemented to solve the problems.
Topic 2: Dealing with problems in an organisation of high employee job mobility
Example Scenario: Organisation Y is facing keen competitions. Several new companies in the same industry have been established in recent years. They have been recruiting employees to work in their organisations. Even though the payment and physical working environment in the new companies are similar to Organisation Y, some employees in Organisation Y have left to join the new companies while more are considering leaving. Potential problems should be identified and effective managerial approaches should be implemented to solve the problems by this organization.
Topic 3: Dealing with problems in an organisation under leadership change
Example Scenario: The CEO of Organisation Z retired one year ago. A new CEO has been appointed. He has used a different style and approach to manage the company; he appointed some new middle managers and first line supervisors to manage the employees in the organisation. Consequently, there have been some changes in the behaviours of the employees in this organisation. For example, some employees display the following behaviours: unwilling to help co-workers when they need, unwilling to make extra efforts to do a better job for the organisation, unable to concentrate at work, trying to leave for home earlier if possible, intentionally wasting the materials of the organisation. Effective managerial approaches should be implemented to solve the problems.
1. What OB concepts can be used to explain the employee behaviours?: Described in the scenario above? What are the possible reasons causing the change of the employees’ behaviours? (about 1500 words)
2. Based on appropriate OB theories/principles, propose recommendations to solve the problems you identify at two levels (i.e., both organisation and supervisor). Justify why your recommendations will be effective.
- At the organisational level, what can the top management of the organisation do? (about 800 words)
- From the supervisor’s perspective, what can the supervisor do? (about 500 words)
3. Conclusion: At the end of the essay, you should write a conclusion (about 200 words) to highlight the significance or insights of your recommendations. The conclusion is not simply a summary of key points. You want to leave your reader with some “food for thought”.
Please review your essay before submission for flow, logic, spelling, grammar, formatting and compliance with requirements.
Get expert help for MGMT2007 Organisational Behaviour and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!