Resit Assessment Point 2: Written Assignment / Self- reflective – Critical Reflection on Case Study
ASSESSMENT BRIEF AND MARKING RUBRIC
Module title: Managing strategy, operations and partnerships (SG7001) Assessment point: Resit Assessment point 2 (Week 12)
Assessment task: Reflective Writing
Word count limit: 1500 words +/- 10% (excluding references and appendices)
Procedure in the event of illness or other valid cause (extenuating circumstances)
If you believe that:
- your performance in assessment or reassessment has been impaired, or;
- you were unable to attend for an assessment or reassessment, or;
- you were unable to submit assessed or reassessed work by the scheduled date due to illness or other valid cause (as defined in the Procedures Governing Extenuating Circumstances), may submit an application for extenuation for the relevant component(s) to Unicaf Extenuating Circumstances team (firstname.lastname@example.org). *Once a component has been capped, extenuation does not uncap it.
Academic misconduct including plagiarism
Ensure that you are familiar with the relevant regulations regarding academic misconduct. By submitting the assignment, you declare that it is your own work and that the material and sources of information used, including internet sources, have been fully identified and properly acknowledged. In addition, you confirm that the presented work has not been submitted for any other assessment. You also acknowledge that the faculty reserves the right to investigate allegations of plagiarism and other forms of academic misconduct which, if proven and dependent on the severity level of the offence, may result in a penalty that could affect your progress.
By submitting your work, you acknowledge that you have read and agreed with the above statements.
Your assignment should be MS Word processed (handwritten assignments are not accepted), using Times New Roman size 12 font, double spaced, with numbered pages and your student number printed as a footer on every page. Note this is a report supported by academic research so you should adhere to the appropriate referencing guidance. The word limit stated for this assignment excludes the list of references at the end of the assignment but includes all text in the main body of the assignment (including direct quotations, in-text citations, footnotes, tables, diagrams and graphs). Please be aware that exceeding the word limit will affect the academic judgement of the piece of work and may result in the award of a lower mark. Appendices are not considered a supplement and will not be assessed as part of the content of the assignment. As such, they will not contribute to the grade awarded; however, it may be appropriate to use an Appendices section for any material which is a useful reference for the reader. Please note that appendices are not included in the word count. The majority of references should come from primary sources (e.g. journal articles, conference papers, reports, etc.) although you can also utilise area specific textbooks. You must ensure that you use the Harvard style of referencing. Please indicate the word count length at the end of your assignment.
Marking and assessment
This assignment will be marked out of 100%
The pass mark is 50. Coursework submitted up to 24 hours late will be accepted, but the component mark will be subject to a deduction of 5 marks from the mark awarded or a mark of 50% whichever is the greater unless there are valid extenuating circumstances. The marking rubric is attached, which offers guidance on the assessment criteria and weighting.
However, it is important to note that resit students must take into consideration the feedback they received from the previous submission/s of this assessment point, in order to enhance their work, which will enable them to get a passing grade.
Learning outcomes applied in this assessment
1. (critically) demonstrate understanding of the theory and practice of strategic development and operations
5. (strategically) think and assess the impact of strategic change processes
7. explain how to influence the strategic direction of an organisation
- judging complexity, diversity, and a multiplicity of perspectives accommodated in management decisions
|Task: Provide a critical self-reflection of the process of completing assignment 1|
For completing this Task successfully, you must summarize all the academic knowledge you receive from the module’s content and professional benefits you received while critically analysed the case study/company selected including strategic implications and strategic business issues, during the development of summative assignment 1 during the 6th Week of this module.
The indicators of a good reflection are:
- It is personal to you
- It is clear how the learning relates to your role or prepares for a future role
- It outlines the content and method of the learning activity
- It describes how your knowledge, skills and attributes have developed as a result of the learning activity.
- It identifies any further gaps or learning you did not cover and how you might fill these.
- It describes how your current practice might change as a result
- It indicates how you will use knowledge acquired for your career benefit
You can approach your Self-Reflective writing as per the four stages below:
- What did I expect to learn?
- What did I learn?
- What will I do differently after forwards?
- My actions and next steps
A strong Assignment Critical Reflection Requires addressing to the following issues:
High personal effectiveness:
- Critical self-awareness;
- Self-reflection and self-management;
- Time management;
- Sensitivity to diversity in people and different situations and
- The ability to continue to learn through reflection on practice and experience.
As this is a self- reflective practice within your writing you can use of the first person such as ‘I’ or ‘we’.
Note the suggested structure for your essay:
|Section/aspect||Content to cover||Marks available|
|Introduction||General background on the||10 Marks|
|250 words||topic you are going to discuss.|
|Possible definitions for terms|
|relating to the question.|
|What the essay will include|
|and/or leave out (scope).|
|What themes the essay will|
|discuss and the order they are|
|What the essay will argue /|
|demonstrate (thesis statement).|
|Main Body 1000 words||Summarize all the academic knowledge you receive from the module’s content and professional benefits you received while critically analysed the case study/company selected including strategic implications and strategic business issues, duringthe development of summative assignment 1. In doing so: – Critically reflect on your personal learning experience – Make effective use of relevant literature (but not extensive) – Provide your own argument and show evidences of critical thinking||60 Marks|
|Conclusions 250 words||Links back to the themes identified in the introduction. A reminder of what the essay has argued. A recap of the main themes that have been discussed.||15 Marks|
|Formatting and Referencing (list of references not included in word count)||High quality presentation of the material that conforms to principles of academic writing and contains minimal errors in sentence construction, grammar and punctuation. The assignment followed appropriate academic conventions regarding in-text citations and referencing.||15 Marks|
|Total: 1500 words||100 Marks|
Masters Grading Scale
|Not passed||0-49 %|
Get expert help for Critical Reflection on Case Study and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!