Critical Analysis Assignment
You are required to carefully read through this overview to clearly understand what is required of you to submit this short essay style analysis.
Weighting = 35%
Word limit = 1000 words
Due = Week 8 – 2000 hrs, Sunday 26th September, 2021
What is a critical analysis and how do I do it?
The ability to critically analyse is an essential skill at university.
- To analyse something means to examine it in detail so that you can describe and explain the issues, make connections and see relationships between information.
- To critique something means to give your opinion on something (for example, what has been done/has been written/an approach); and then support your opinion with evidence (literature/ references). Critiquing is NOT simply stating something is ‘good’ or ‘bad’. It is presenting your opinion after you have analysed a topic and supporting your opinion and ideas with research and the literature you have read.
If you want to read more about what a critical analysis is, have a read here: and please do not hesitate to ask further questions if you do not understand what is required.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETION
Select ONE public/primary health care initiative or program that relates to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health from the list below:
- Close The Gap
- Royal Flying Doctor’s Service (RFDS)
- National Anti-Racism Strategy – It Stops with Me Campaign
- Initiatives and programs offered through ACCHOs or general practice: for example:
- Chronic Disease Management – 715 assessment
- Initiatives and programs offered through Indigenous Australians’ Health Programme:
- Tackling Indigenous Smoking
- RHD Australia
- Care for Kids’ Ears
- Australian Nurse–Family Partnership Program
- Addressing trachoma
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mental health program
- Medical Outreach Indigenous Chronic Diseases Program
REFLECT, RESPECT, SAFETY & QUALITY
Critically analyse how the initiative or program you have selected demonstrates or does NOT demonstrate a social justice approach.
RESPECT, ADVOCATE, COMMUNICATE
In your discussion about this public/primary health care initiative or program, consider how the registered nurse can demonstrate leadership and advocate for equitable health outcomes and social justice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
Get expert help for NSG2204 Assessment 2 Critical Analysis and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!