This assessment task would require you to conduct a literature review that critically examines the extant of literature that has “reported on the various ways consumers can be involved in their care”. You are expected to identify gaps that currently exists in the literature on the topic.
The concept of consumer involvement in care is broad so while you are reviewing the literature you can choose a specific area to focus your review on-
- What are some of the benefits of mental health consumer involvement in their care?
You are to provide details about the studies you have chosen including the settings, sample, design and analysis. You will need to use the PICO format.
Limit your search to the following databases: CINAHL (EBSCO), Embase, and MEDLINE. You can also use Google Scholar.
- Use double spacing throughout essay.
- Font size:11-12
- Approximately 3-4 pages (excluding reference list)
- Use APA 7th Edition
- Use at least 2 databases for your searches
- A minimum of 20 papers are to be reviewed
- All references must be within the last 10 years (2010-2020). If you need to go outside of this range, you need to provide a reason.
- Write in 3rd person, e.g. this paper argues that…. or the author is of the view that……. It can be argued that writing essays can be fun at times……
Keep the following in mind when writing your literature review.
- Your literature review needs to be organized around and related directly to the research question you are developing
- The result of your review has to be synthesized into a summary of what is and is not known about the topic
- You will need to be critical in your writing. This means comparing and contrasting different concepts, agreeing with, confirming or defending a finding or point of view.
- Conceding that an existing point of view has some strengths but qualifying your support of the position by highlighting certain weaknesses
Get expert help for Reported on the various ways consumers and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!