7PE617 Assessment Brief
- Jennifer Marshall
- J.Marshall@derby.ac.uk, (01332) 594 278
|Word count/Length||3,500 words ( +/10%)|
|Learning Outcomes:||1, 2,|
|Submission Date:||23:59 UK time, 21st of April 2022|
|Provisional Feedback Release Date:||UK time, 11/05/2022|
Component 1: COURSEWORK
Summary of Assessment Method: Written assignment
Weighting: 100 %
Assesses Learning Outcomes: 1 & 2
Written report on workshop: 3500 words (+/- 10%)
Assessment will be through a written assignment.
To design, implement and evaluate a workshop in order to make recommendations for the education profession.
To observe and reflect on a workshop in order to make recommendations for the education profession.
To design, implement and evaluate a workshop or observe and reflect on a workshop in order to make recommendations for the education profession. Therefore, your final essay/report:
1. Should involve you critically evaluating a range of theoretical approaches and teaching methods used in the language classroom (LO1) then choosing to focus on a particular approach or method to implement in a workshop/teaching session.
2. Devise a workshop/teaching session. You will need to include your lesson plan in your assignment, although this is not marked.
3. Why (or why not) have you chosen to implement a particular approach or method given your previous evaluation? Give a justification/rationale underpinned with literature.
4. You then need to evaluate the impact of the workshop, identifying key strengths and weaknesses and drawing on theories and approaches to guide recommendations for future implementation (LO2). You are able to tailor this to your particular professional interests or to the context in which you are employed.
The assessment rubric can be found in the assessment tab in the module page of Course Resources.
Submissions in Turnitin and Blackboard
You must submit your work using your student number to identify yourself, not your name. You must not use your name in the text of the work at any point. When you submit your work in Turnitin you must submit your student number within the assignment document and in the Submission title field in Turnitin. A video showing how to do this can be found here (link)
The University’s regulations, policies and procedures for students define the framework within which teaching and assessment are conducted. Please make sure you are familiar with these regulations, policies and procedures.
Get expert help for 7PE617 Principles of ELT and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!