Part 1 (Addressing Unauthorized Login Attempts)
You are the chief information officer (CIO) of your company. Five days ago, several unauthorized login attempts were made to obtain some personally identifiable information (PII) of your clients from one of your servers. The attempts were done using the password of one of the employees in your organization. The individual that was trying to access that particular server called the customer service multiple times to unlock the user account after being locked out in each time. In one of the phone calls by the individual to the customer service, he said that the password was hard to remember, and that he had to write it down. No report of this incident was made to you, util one member of your team considered it as a red flag.
Address the followings:
- Write a paragraph of problem diagnosis.
- Write a paragraph of immediate corrections.
- Write a paragraph of how you make report of this incident and give notices.
- Write a paragraph of security policy failures.
- Write 5 to 30 paragraphs of Security Policy, Technological, and Training and Awareness program recommendations using the CNSS model. Remember that you need to address all three notions of data security with respect to confidentiality, integrity, and availability in three states of storage, processing, and transmission. Use the InfoSec document here that I uploaded for you as well.
- Write a paragraph on impacts to your organization.
- Write a paragraph on client communication.
- Write a paragraph on addressing stakeholders’ concerns.