- Annotation guide: In order to annotate your Argument, work through the following steps:
|Type of annotation||How to do it||where it shows you how|
|Essay plan for a one-sided argument.||Fill in Template 1||See below|
|Thesis, Arguments and Reinforcement of thesis||Fill in Template 2||as per of Persuasive texts part 1|
|Resources for sustaining a position in an argument and conjunctions. Pick your best argument paragraph and highlight evaluative resources and conjunctions you’ve used, and explain why you’ve used them.||Fill in Template 3||As per the model in the lecture Persuasive texts part 3|
Template 1: Essay plan for a one-sided argument.
Thesis: The main argument I want to make and support in my essay is as follows:
|Arguments to support the thesis||Specific points and evidence to support the arguments|
Reinforcement of thesis: The message I want to leave my reader with is:
Template 2: Thesis, Arguments and Reinforcement of Thesis
- Copy and paste your Thesis stage and Reinforcement of Thesis stage and bold your Text Preview.
- For your Arguments, copy and paste the Topic Sentences only.
- Colour code your text: Highlight the scope (pink for Focus of study and blue for Lens) in the question and throughout your essay. Use different colours to highlight your arguments and their place in the Text Preview (as per modelled in class).
|Essay question:||Do you agree that the soft skills of X and Y can help a graduate get ahead in the career of Z?|
|Thesis stage Thesis statement Preview|
|Arguments (topic sentences) Create extra columns if you need them.||1||2||3||4|
|Reinforcement of thesis|
Template 3 – resources for sustaining a position in an argument and conjunctions
- Choose an argument paragraph from your essay. Highlight the evaluative resources (including positive and/or negative evaluation language, scaling, modality and concession – if you’ve used them) and the conjunctions you used to help sustain your argument. Then write a paragraph (150 words) explaining to your tutor how these resources have built your argument.
- In your analysis of the paragraph from your essay, you should put any direct quotes from your essay in quotation marks. You should also relate your quotes to the meanings they create i.e. how the resources of evaluation and conjunction help build your argument and make your writing more persuasive.
Key (pick highlighting colours for different resources so they can easily be seen on your text and write which colour refers to which resource in the box below)
Add rows if needed
Insert an argument paragraph from your essay here and colour code it
Analysis of paragraph (150 words)
Write your analysis here
Cut and paste your whole essay below and highlight in blue an embedded definition and in green an embedded explanation sequence
Get expert help for Annotation Guide Assignment Help and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!