Assessment Submission details:
- Please include following details on the top of your assessment:
- Your Name
- Your Student Id
- Your Trainer’s name
- Assessment Due Date
- Actual Submission Date
Please Note: Any changes in the assessment due date must be approved by your trainer.
- This assessment must be in Microsoft word format. Following settings should be made for this assignment to keep consistency among all the assessments:
|Body text||Page setup|
|Font: Times New RomanFont size: 12 pointLine spacing: DoubleText style: Normal||Top: 2.54 cmBottom: 2.54 cmLeft: 3.17 cmRight: 3.17 cmHeader: 1.25 cmFooter: 1.25 cm|
- Do not forget to attach the Cover Sheet at the front of the assessment.
- Make sure you have signed the Cover sheet to declare this is your own work.
- You can e-mail this assessment to your trainer’s e-mail address with following details: In ‘subject’ mention your ‘student Id – Your name’.
To be deemed competent in this assessment you must:
- Correctly address all of the assessment requirements as described in this task
- Correctly address all of the submission instructions
- Successfully complete the Assessment Questions
- Submit assessment on or before the due date with an assessment cover sheet
In this task, using the Sydney Opera House corporate documents as well as additional information provided, you will develop an implementation plan to achieve targets.
You will also communicate sustainability requirements to Sydney Opera House employees (other learners acting as employees) by developing and delivering a presentation or training session.
For this assessment task, you will review corporate information available from the Sydney Opera House and use the targets provided to develop an implementation plan to meet those targets.
Then, using your implementation plan, the Sydney Opera House Environmental Sustainability Policy, and other Sydney Opera House documentation, develop a 10–15 minute presentation or training session to deliver to internal employees of the Sydney Opera House. You should outline the
Sustainability Policy and what it means to Opera House staff. As part of this presentation, you must describe how the revised processes will be implemented and managed.
You will need to promote the policy and its expected outcomes and explain how the outcomes affect key stakeholders.
You will also need to assign and outline responsibilities for using recording systems to track sustainability improvements
You will develop an implementation plan to meet Sydney Opera House targets provided.
- Review the Sydney Opera House vision, mission, goals and policies, especially the Environmental Sustainability Policy. These documents are available from the Corporate Information page at:
- Complete a sustainability targets action plan (Appendix 2) to meet the sustainability targets (Appendix 1) including:
- two or more actions for each target
- at least one action that involves staff training
- at least one action that involves communication to staff through a presentation
- Develop an implementation plan for meeting the targets that includes:
- implementation timelines and milestones for each action
- determine key outcomes expected for each action and person
- key performance indicators for each action
- a plan to monitor the approaches taken to gather resource consumption information
- a summary of health and safety considerations (risks, improvements or required resources) that result from the implementation of actions
- Arrange a meeting with your assessor to explain the actions you’ve chosen and gain approval for actions from your assessor. You and your assessor will also need to discuss and agree upon a method of recording audience feedback to your presentation or training delivered in Part B of this task.
- Submit the sustainability targets action plan and the implementation plan to your assessor. Ensure you keep copies for your records. You will need to refer to this implementation plan in Part B of this task as well as in Assessment Task 3.
Using your implementation plan, you will develop a presentation or training session for Sydney Opera House employees. Your aim is to use the presentation or training to improve resource efficiency at the Sydney Opera House.
- Using your implementation plan, choose to either design and deliver a presentation (according to the action that involves communication to staff through a presentation) or a training session (according to the action that involves staff training) to Sydney Opera House staff.
- Review the organisational structure (see Appendix 3) to determine the appropriate audience for the presentation or training session.
- Develop a 10–15-minute presentation or training session in accordance with your
implementation plan. Design the presentation or training to improve resource efficiency in some area (e.g. how to use new waste systems in the cafe) and include a short procedure to help achieving targets in implementation plan.
- During either your presentation or training you will need to include:
- a brief description of the Sydney Opera House sustainability policy and its expected outcomes for stakeholder groups
- information for staff as to what their responsibilities are, what activities they are to carry out and what outcomes are expected
- additional time (5–10 minutes) for questions and comments from staff.
Distribute feedback questionnaires (if this is your method of measuring audience understanding and engagement) and collect these at the completion of your presentation/training. Ensure you keep copies of questionnaires or other form of measuring audience feedback for use in Assessment Task 3.
- submit a completed sustainability targets action plan
- submit an implementation plan
- deliver a presentation/training session to employees (other learners acting as employees)
- address comments and questions from employees (other learners acting as employees)
- submit notes, PowerPoint presentation slides, handouts and any other materials used to support the presentation
- collect feedback from audience members (other learners acting as employees).
Your assessor will be looking for:
- communication skills to adjust communication to suit different audiences and to respond effectively to diversity
- literacy skills to read and evaluate Sydney Opera House organisational documents
- problem-solving skills to effectively manage different employees points of view during question time
- knowledge of principles, practices, tools and techniques of sustainability management
- knowledge appropriate to the performing arts industry
- knowledge of Sydney Opera House policies and procedures to complete the task.
Appendix 1 – Sustainability targets
|Objective: Reduce energy use|
|Reduce electricity use by 2% per annum (using FY06/07 as initial benchmark)|
|Reduce gas use by 4% per annum (using FY06/07 as initial benchmark)|
|Objective: Embed environmental sustainability in everything we do|
|Reduce landfill waste and increase reuse and recycling|
|Reduce the use of toxic or environmentally harmful products and materials|
|Reduce water use by 2% per annum (using FY06/07 as initial benchmark)|
|Objective: Engage and inspire|
|Engage staff in supporting sustainability targets|
|Present information and training to employees in plain English|
|Inspire audiences to consider sustainability in their everyday choices|
|Objective: Keep accurate records|
|Record resource use on a monthly basis|
Appendix 2 – Sustainability targets action plan
|Target||Action||Potential opportunity||Estimated saving||Environmental impact||Capital cost involved Y/N||Individual / team responsibl e||Target Date|
|Reduce electricit y use by 15%||Switch off compute r terminals at night||Reduces energy use overnight||32 workstati ons x $95 ~ $3,000||Reduced carbon pollution.||N||Office staff||2 month s|
Appendix 3 – Organisational structure
Get expert help for Assessment Task 2: IMPLEMENTATION AND PRESENTATION and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!