COURSEWORK ASSESSMENT SPECIFICATION
|COURSEWORK ASSESSMENT SPECIFICATION|
|Module Tutor Name(s):||Professor Hamid Jahankhani|
|Academic Year:||2021- 22|
|% Weighting (to overall module):||20%|
|Coursework Title:||Assignment 2 – Professional Reflection|
Dates and Mechanisms for Assessment Submission and Feedback
|Date of Handout to Students: 26-01-22|
|Mechanism for Handout to Students: Via eLP, discussed during Lecture|
|Date and Time of Submission by Student: Date 16th May 2022 by 15:59 hours If for personal reasons you cannot submit by that date, and you feel you have grounds for requesting an extension, you should contact Ask4Help|
|Mechanism for Submission of Work by student: Electronic submission via Turnitin|
|Date by which Work, Feedback and Marks will be returned to students: Within 20 working days after submission of this assignment|
|Mechanism for return of assignment work, feedback and marks to students: Formal feedback will be provided via Blackboard module site following completion of all reviews and internal moderation of results.|
Learning Outcomes tested in this assessment:
Knowledge & Understanding:
LO1. Deploy comprehensive knowledge and understanding of appropriate techniques and tools to plan, research and manage a computing technical project.
LO5. Critically appraise the processes used in the development of a computing project proposal.
Nature of the submission required:
An electronic copy of your work must be submitted to Turnitin using the links in the module folder on the ELP (Blackboard).
Instructions to students:
This is an individual piece of work and you must not work with others to construct your report. During the semester there are numerous opportunities to seek and get advice and support on your work, from tutors and peers but you must ensure you do not do work for others or copy work from others.
Consistent recognised standard, see your chosen journal requirements, from your project proposal assessment.
Expected size of the submission:
Be succinct – maximum 2000 words, excluding appendices, title page, contents list, references and appendices.
You must adhere to the university regulations on academic conduct. Formal inquiry proceedings will be instigated if there is any suspicion of misconduct or plagiarism in your work. Refer to the University’s regulations on assessment if you are unclear as to the meaning of these terms. The latest copy is available on the university website.
For this assignment you must produce a personal professional reflection on your performance in the constructing of your assignment one proposal for this module. This assessment contributes 20% to your overall grade. The resulting reflection must be presented in a report format, using headings and sub-heading where appropriate. As with all academic work you are expected to engage with literature to inform your practice.
The following is a suggested structure for your report:
- Critical discussion of challenges encountered in the construction of each section of the proposal.
- Critical discussion of your interaction and use of support tutors/peers/supervisors
- Critical discussion of skills required/used for successful construction of the proposal
- Critical discussion of lessons learnt from the process and strategies to adopt to move forward.
- Production of a professional development plan see Blackboard for suggested template.
You should set out a number of goals based on your master’s project, and any career aspirations, then using your experiences, encountered in this module and in your previous learning opportunities, complete the support detail, outlined in the PDP template on Blackboard, necessary to achieve these goals.
References: these should be primarily used to support your discussions. All references in the reference list must also appear within the body of the report.
The report must include:
- Module: LD7028 – Research and Project Management
- Module tutor: Professor Hamid Jahankhani
- Assignment title: Personal Professional Reflection
- Student name + university identifier (always underline the surname/family name by which you are recorded in the university systems)
- Programme or course of study
- Word Count: Word count minus the appendices
Professional Development Plan (PDP)
The following are suggested headings to use in your Professional Development Plan (PDP)
|Actions||Resources Required||Planned Start Date||Planned End Date||Evidence of outcome||Career or Personal Goal||Reflection Skills used, weaknesses identified, lessons learnt|
Notes on presentation & submission:
The report must be written and presented to an appropriate academic standard for a postgraduate programme of study.
- The report will be assessed in terms of style, meaning, and the accuracy of spelling, grammar, punctuation and syntax.
- Correct and thorough referencing of your sources of information is required. You should follow a consistent referencing system, and provide a full reference list and brief references in the text of your answer. ‘Cite them Right’ advises direct quotations should be indicated by quotation marks or indentation, and referenced. Failure to acknowledge your sources or to indicate when you are quoting constitutes plagiarism. Action will be taken in accordance with the University regulations if plagiarism or collusion is suspected. This may result in a loss of marks for the assignment or module.
- Using MS Word and show appropriate and consistent use of type, fonts and line spacing (for this assignment use Arial 12 and single spacing) and page layouts.
- Give each page a footer that includes your student number, the module code, and a page number.
|Challenges encountered in the construction of each section of the proposal||30|
|Interaction and use of support tutors/ peers/ supervisors||25|
|Lessons learnt from the process and strategies to adopt to move forward||25|
|Professional Development Plan||10|
|Presentation, Academic style, spelling, grammar, punctuation and syntax Standard of referencing style||10|
Academic Integrity Statement: You must adhere to the university regulations on academic conduct. Formal inquiry proceedings will be instigated if there is any suspicion of plagiarism or any other form of misconduct in your work. Refer to the University’s Assessment Regulations for Northumbria Awards if you are unclear as to the meaning of these terms. The latest copy is available on the University website. (last accessed on 08th September 2021)
There will be an opportunity for formative feedback during the semester. You are advised to start working on this assignment as early as possible so that you can seek clarification from the module tutor regarding any questions you might have during the semester. Note that tutors will not predict your grade, and you should not take the lack of comment on any aspect of your work as indicating that it is correct. You should make every effort to take advantage of formative feedback as tutors will not comment on draft work at other times. Remember that you will get more useful feedback from us by asking specific questions than just presenting us with your documentation and asking, ‘Is this right?’
Penalties for Exceeding Word Limits:
The following penalties will be applied after any reductions in mark due to late submission have been made, Penalties will be applied as defined in the University Policy on Word Limits Policy. (last accessed on 08th September 2021)
The actual word count is to be declared on the front of the assessment submission.
Late Submission Policy:
For coursework submitted up to 1 working day (24 hours) after the published hand-in deadline without approval, 10% of the total marks available for the assessment (i.e.100%) shall be deducted from the assessment mark. Penalties will be applied as defined in the University Policy on the Late submission work. (last accessed on 08th September 2021)
For clarity: a late piece of work that would have scored 65%, 55% or 45% had it been handed in on time will be awarded 55%, 45% or 35% respectively as 10% of the total available marks will have been deducted.
Failure to submit: The University requires all students to submit assessed coursework by the deadline stated in the assessment brief. Where coursework is submitted without approval after the published hand-in deadline, penalties will be applied as defined in the University Policy on the Late submission of work. (last accessed on 08th September 2021)
Get expert help for Assignment 2 – Professional Reflection and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!