Due Date: 5th of February 2021 9:00 PM
Length: 3000 words maximum
Format: Report (Microsoft Word format) Weighting: 40% of total unit marks Submission: Via BlackBoard Turnitin.
Referencing Harvard (please provide appropriate in text citations and a reference list)
Consider a major engineered infrastructure asset that you are familiar with or for which you can easily collect information. It can be any engineered asset of a critical nature. For example:
- Transport infrastructure such as the Hume Highway from Sydney to Melbourne or the Gatimaan Express rail between Delhi and Jhansi.
- Oil and gas infrastructure such as a platform in the Western Offshore Basin off the Indian Coast or the Timor Sea off Northern Australia.
- A high-volume international airport such as Kingsford Smith Airport, Sydney or Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai.
- A specific hospital such as the Gold Coast University Hospital or the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in New Delhi.
- A critical section of communications infrastructure such as the 5G network currently being commissioned in Australia.
- A power generation, transmission or distribution facility.
- A water supply or distribution facility or a waste water treatment facility.
- Business software for a critical business such as a major bank or critical services infrastructure company (power, water, transport or other critical services infrastructure).
- Any other engineering asset of your choice.
In this assignment, you are required to conduct a critical analysis of that infrastructure asset from a strategic asset management perspective. The written business style report must demonstrate your ability to design and articulate an appropriate Strategic Asset Management Plan (SAMP) covering the entire asset life cycle of the asset in question.
Hence, you will need to present a critical analysis, explain your chosen methodology and give clear and appropriate advice, based in evidence, on the strategic asset management plan needed in relation to the chosen asset.
Regarding the topic, you must gain the written approval of your Tutor first. You will need to satisfy your Tutor that the chosen topic has sufficient scope and importance such that the development of a suitable SAMP would usually be the responsibility of a dedicated engineering or asset manager.
The Report Structure
The written report shall be no more than 3000 words and conform to the requirements set out below.
Format of business style report
- The report is to be written with a Cover sheet, Title Sheet, Executive Summary, Table of Contents, Introduction, Methodology, Results and Discussion (with appropriate sub-headings), Recommendations, Conclusion and References.
- The objective of the structure is to achieve the best possible communication with the reader. Use headings to ‘sign-post’ what is coming and to provide a ‘skeleton’ of report contents.
- Be sure to attach the standard cover-sheet that SCU requires all students to place on the front of all assignments.
- Commence your report with a title-page. The title-page is the front page that all authors put on the reports and submissions that they write as professionals. The title-page contains a title, plus your name as author and the submission date.
- The Header must contain your name and your student number.
- The Footer must contain the Unit number i.e. MNG92100 and the page number. Page numbering commences after the title-page.
Collaboration posts via the discussion board:
As part of this assignment, you are encouraged to write about this assessment to other participants. The objective is for you to help each other via Discussion Board posts. Each post should be substantial (at least several sentences or a paragraph – a single sentence is insufficient). It should contain meaningful and relevant information that would potentially be of real assistance to the other participants. Alternatively, the posts could be reflective or probing of another post in such a way that it adds value to a previous post via additional relevant information or a new interpretation.
- Posts can share sources of information including websites and web pages of general interest.
- Posts can also share useful peer reviewed articles about asset management including “Strategic Asset Management Plans” (SAMPs) and their implementation, asset management strategies for different parts of the asset life cycle, asset management maturity models for organizations seeking to improve the way assets are managed and asset management strategy for particular industries such as Power, Water or Rail.
- Another way in which participants can earn marks is to begin a particular type of discussion thread. For example, discussions about how to satisfy a particular aspect of the marking rubric. There are many things that can be shared and discussed other than finished work, which never should be shared.
- Yet another valuable contribution is in the form of an intelligent question. Please be aware that a single sentence question is insufficient. There should be several sentences to frame the context of the question.
- Note that your Tutor is prepared to answer questions at any stage particularly if there is more than one with the same question. If the Tutor doesn’t respond to the discussion thread, you should email the Tutor.
- A pass grade in this activity will be a minimum of 3 substantial posts but more posts with more meaningful contributions will earn higher marks. Please refer to the marking rubric for detailed grading information.
General guiding information:
- Start writing early and start posting on the discussion board early.
- Discuss often with your Tutor and your group.
- Ensure that you visit the library for assistance in finding the best possible journals and other materials.
- You must read widely and deeply.
- Focus mainly on the current academic literature i.e. post 2010.
- Please use your imagination by providing graphs, tables, charts, and images.
- References, tables, charts, and appendices are not included in the word count.
- Please review the attached Marking Rubric so that you meet all the requirements.
- Have regard to the ‘Grasp of core unit theory’ marking criteria. For the highest marks for that criteria you must demonstrate deep, accurate understanding. To be able to go deeply into issues and still stay within the 3000 word limit you must limit the number of issues upon which you focus and make use of diagrams, tables and figures.
- Check your work, or have another person check your work, for errors in grammar and even those mistakes all authors make because they have been working on the same paper for ‘too long’.
|MNG93100 Marking Rubric: Assignment 3 (Report)|
|Excellent 85%‒100%||Very Good 75%‒84%||Good 65%‒74%||Satisfactory 50%‒64%||Unacceptable 0%‒49%|
|Failure to meet the minimum academic references (4) will automatically result in a maximum mark of 40% for the complete assignment|
|Response to assigned topic, the understanding of relevant theory, explanation of research methods: (about 70% of total mark for the assignment)|
|Analysis: 10% The Assignment demonstrated exceptional critical analysis techniques.||The Assignment demonstrated very good critical analysis techniques.||The Assignment demonstrated good critical analysis techniques but with some errors.||The Assignment demonstrated critical analysis techniques but with some errors. could have been improved.||The Assignment Demonstrated little critical analysis techniques.|
|Response to topic: 20% The Assignment responded directly to the topic and to every separate part of the topic in an exceptionally balanced manner with no irrelevant material.||The Assignment responded directly to the topic and to every separate part of the topic in a balanced manner with minimal irrelevant material.||The Assignment responded directly to the topic and to every separate part of the topic in a reasonably balanced manner. Some irrelevant material included. Some issues not properly developed.||Overall the Assignment responded directly to the topic but with some digressions and irrelevancies. One or two key aspects of the topic were not developed properly. Or many less important aspects may have been overlooked.||Taken as a whole, the assignment did not respond adequately to the topic. Important aspects were overlooked and/or much of the material was irrelevant.|
|Grasp of unit theory: 20% The Assignment demonstrated deep, accurate understanding of unit principles and concepts at a very high level of sophistication.||Demonstrated accurate understanding of unit principles and concepts.||Demonstrated accurate understanding of unit principles and concepts, although slightly superficial or flawed.||Mostly sound grasp of unit principles and concepts although one-dimensional and superficial throughout or perhaps a few misconceptions.||One or more important unit concepts or principles seriously misunderstood, or no relevant theoretical framework established.|
|Discussion board posts: 10% At least 10 substantial posts. Mature reflection and probing of others posts. High quality contribution to the community.||There were at least seven substantial and meaningful posts to the discussion board with reflection and probing on others posts.||There were at least 5 substantial and meaningful posts to the discussion board.||There were at least three substantial and meaningful posts to the discussion board.||There were less than three substantial and meaningful posts to the discussion board|
|Academic Journals: 10% Assignment was supported with appropriate peer reviewed academic journals (12 minimum from 2010 to 2020) and other quality sources.||Assignment was supported with appropriate peer reviewed academic journals (10 minimum from 2010 to 2020) and other quality sources.||Assignment was supported with appropriate peer reviewed academic journals (7 minimum from 2010 to 2020) and other quality sources.||Assignment was supported with appropriate peer reviewed academic journals (4 minimum from 2010 to 2020) and other quality sources.||Assignment was not supported with the minimum number of appropriate peer reviewed academic journals. Failure to meet the minimum for academic references will automatically result in a maximum mark of 40% for the complete assignment.|
|Technical matters (about 30% of total mark for the assignment): Assignment must be in Font 12, 1.5 Spacing, and Times New Roman|
|Structure and English expression: 15% The Assignment was very comprehensive and had excellent structure with no errors. Spelling, syntax and grammar completely correct.||The Assignment was comprehensive and had very good structure with some errors. Spelling, syntax and grammar generally correct although there were two or three minor errors.||The Assignment had good structure and appropriate content but with some errors. Spelling, syntax and grammar generally correct although there were more than three minor errors.||The Assignment consisted of suitable information, had generally suitable structure although some aspects could have been improved. Spelling, syntax and grammar acceptable but there were frequent minor or a few serious errors.||The Assignment did not have suitable structure and information. Unacceptably high number of minor and/or numerous serious errors in spelling, syntax and/or grammar.|
|In-text referencing: 5% Harvard referencing system used with 100% accuracy.||Harvard referencing system used with high level of accuracy.||Harvard referencing used correctly although with some errors.||Harvard or APA referencing used correctly although with some significant errors.||No referencing or many serious errors in using Harvard or APA referencing.|
|Reference list: 10% Reference list comprehensive and had no errors.||Reference list comprehensive with no omissions but some minor errors.||Reference list had one or two omissions and/or significant errors.||Reference list had more than two omissions and/or significant errors (but a small number).||Reference list had numerous errors and/or omissions (or is missing).|
|MNG92100 Strategic Asset Management Session 3 2020|
Get expert help for Case Study Critical Analysis and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!