Assessment 2 – Project
This assessment task requires the student to implement the operational plan by organising human resources and equipment requirements in accordance with organisational policy and procedures. Also you are required to monitor and review the operational performance for King Edward VII College and provide a report to the CEO.
• Updated Operational plan from Task 1
• Equipment List
• Recruitment and Selection Policy and Procedures
• Purchasing Policy and Procedures
• Performance Information
• Operational Performance Report Template
Students must complete all of the activities listed and submit:
• Emails to the CEO, Human Resources Manager and Administration Team
• Final Operational Plan
• Operational Performance Report
• Memo to all staff
Complete the following activities:
- Review the King Edward VII College Recruitment and Selection Policy and Procedures and implement the actions from your plan to ensure the required staff are recruited.
This must include:
• Requesting approval of the positions required for the expansion as per the scenario information for the staff required.
• Details of the required positions as per the Recruitment and Selection Policy and Procedures requirements.
2. Prepare email to the CEO. It should request approval for the positions, as set out in the Recruitment and Selection Policy and Procedures
3. Prepare email to the Human Resources Manager. It should request details of the new positions, as set out in the Recruitment and Selection Policy and Procedures
It also needs to address the issue of intellectual property rights and responsibilities in relation to the new employees and as the new trainers will be asked to develop some of the training and assessment content for the new courses and the College wants to own all the IP of any training resources developed by these new trainers. Do some research into how this should be handled and explain to the HR Manager what you would like them to do.
4. Implement strategies for purchasing equipment
Review the King Edward VII College Purchasing Policy and Procedures, which has just been developed due to the expansion of the College.
Also review the Equipment List. This shows what equipment needs to be purchased for each campus.
5. Prepare email to the Administration Team. It should ensure that the administration team procures the equipment required for the new campuses.
The email text (about 1 page) should, as a minimum, outline:
• The purpose of the purchasing policy and the need to ensure that all purchases are made accordingly. You should summarise the key messages of the policy as per the purchasing principles.
• The required information for purchase of equipment for new campuses as follows:
- Description of equipment requirement and number and type to be made as per existing campus.
- Required timelines for the purchase of the equipment.
- Requirement to receive and approve quotes as per purchasing policy – you should ensure you clearly refer to the procedure required as relevant to the budget for the equipment.
6. Update the Monitoring Actions section of your Operational Plan from Task 1 based on the actions you have implemented in this task. Submit to your assessor.
7. Write an operational performance report.
|Assume that both new campuses are now in operation, and Performance Information is now available for review.|
You have been asked to provide a report on the new campuses’ performance to date.
The operational performance report should include a review of the costs associated with electricity, office supplies, and water, as a means of assessing the company’s use of resources.
Analyse the Performance Information relating to the new campuses, including:
Based on your analysis of the Performance Information, develop a short (approximately 2 pages) report to the CEO that includes the following:
• A financial performance analysis that
o Calculates the net profit or loss for each campus
o Compares the performance of each campus
o Outlines financial performance based on the profit and loss figures
• Calculations of variances between actual and budgeted expenses, noting that variances of up to and including 10% are acceptable, and do not need to be reported on.
• Arrange a time to meet with the CEO (your assessor) and negotiate recommendations and seek approval for the implementation of your recommendations.
• Suggest variances to the Operational Plan.
Use the Operational Performance Report Template below to guide your work.
Operational Performance Report
Profit and Loss six months to Dec 2020 Sydney
Profit and Loss six months to Dec 2020 Brisbane
Financial performance analysis (Describe and give reasons for all profit and loss amounts).
Variances (Describe and give reasons for all variances).
Variance to Operational Plan (Describe suggested variances)
- Prepare a memo to all staff (your assessor).
Based on your review of the expenditure on energy usage as documented in the Operational Performance Report, develop a memo to all staff with regard to effective and economical use of resources.
The purpose of the memo is to coach staff in using resources wisely, so you should include at least 10 simple actions that all staff can follow to conserve energy.
You may use the following publication to identify suitable ideas.