Information about the Assignment:
|Due date||Sunday, 23:59, 18 September 2022 (Week 9)|
|How to submit||The assignment must be submitted in word format through the submission link on Moodle.|
|Topics covered by Assignment||Topic 4|
|Maximum word limit||2500 words|
|Percentage of final grade||30|
|Referencing||APA 7th edition or AGLC 4th edition (available online)|
|Reference list/ Bibliography?||Yes|
A detailed rubric is attached. The assignment will be assessed on the extent to which the student has:
- Conducted independent research relevant to the topic, including the use of secondary legal sources, in particular, a number of legal texts, authoritative materials from internet sites and academic (peer reviewed) journal articles and books.
- Answered the set question(s) through identification and discussion of relevant legal issues.
- Demonstrated an understanding of the topic, presented different points of view (if applicable), presented well-constructed arguments, and demonstrated critical thinking.
- Used clear expression and provided proper citations for legal sources in footnotes and a bibliography or reference list.
Page 1 of 4
‘The adequacy of corporate governance regulation and practices continues to be the subject of much public comment and debate by politicians, corporate regulators business leaders, institutional investors, governance professionals, industry associations and the media. ‘
(Governance Institute of Australia, Duties of Officers and Directors)
- Discuss this statement with reference to the common law duties of directors of Australian companies. Your answer should include relevant case examples.
(1,000 words – 12 marks)
- Briefly explain the relationship between the common law duties (above) and the statutory duties of company directors in Australia.
(250 words – 3 marks)
- In relation to Australian listed companies, what is meant by the term ‘good corporate governance.’ Outline the principles of ‘good corporate governance’ as they relate to the composition and structure of a board of directors of a listed company.
(1000 words – 12 marks)
- Examine the Board of Directors of Woolworths Ltd.
Does the composition and structure of the Woolworths Board achieve (or not achieve) the ‘good governance’ criteria you outlined in part (iii) above?
(250 words – 3 marks)
Page 2 of 4
Assignment Rubric and Feedback Sheet
Criteria High Distinction Credit Pass Fail Mark and/or comments distinction
|Research||Outstanding range of timely and relevant sources.||Very good range of timely and relevant sources.||Good range of timely and relevant sources.||Narrow range of timely and relevant sources.||Inadequate range of timely and relevant sources and/or|
|Analysis||Demonstrates outstanding skills in issue identification, critical thinking||Demonstrates very good skills in issue identification, critical thinking||Demonstrates good skills in issue identification, critical thinking||Demonstrates satisfactory skills in issue identification, critical thinking||Demonstrates unsatisfactory skills in issue identification, critical thinking|
|and argument||and argument||and argument||and argument||and argument|
|relevant to the||relevant to the||relevant to the||relevant to the||relevant to the|
|Presentation||Excellent written||Very good written||Good written expression and||Generally satisfactory written expression and mostly proper citations in-text and in bibliography/ reference list.||Poor written expression and|
|expression and||expression and||mostly proper||lack of proper|
|proper citations||proper citations||citations in-text||citations in-text|
|in-text and in||in-text and in||and in||and in|
|reference list.||reference list.||reference list.||reference list.|
Additional marker comments
Get expert help for BULAW5915 Assignment and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!