Firebase eCommerce Application
This is a project for groups of 2-3 members.
The goal of this project is to create a well designed, fully functional eCommerce application relying on Cloud features
provided by Google’s Firebase platform.
For this project, begin by choosing any type of company you wish: i.e. a shoe store, make-up, books, etc. The minimum requirement is a 4 activity application with the following activities:
MainActivity: A splash screen with a logo
ProductActivity: Contains a RecyclerView producing CardViews showing product data coming from Firebase (for example, a photo, price and brand name.
DetailActivity: When a card is clicked, it should take you to a screen with a larger image and more information, as well as a button to “buy now” taking you to the checkout
CheckoutActivity: A well designed form for the user to enter credit card information, name, etc (does not need to really process payments)
You’ll make an application with the following features:
You should create a responsive design, worthy of being put on a portfolio site. The “look” of an application is one of the
most important features you can add.
Your application should have the following qualities:
- Responsive, looks good in both landscape and portrait modes and on different screen sizes
- A colour theme that matches the logo with primary/secondary colours that are consistent across the application
- Good contrast and font sizes/colours, and appropriate spacing with widgets so the application does not appear crowded
- CardViews are used to display the products and are well designed, not crowded
The application should showcase some of the Firebase features we’ve seen in class. The minimum requirement is that it uses Firebase Realtime Database to store the product information for the application. The more effort and features you put in, the higher your grade will be. Feel free to be creative and use Cloud Storage and Authentication to improve the application.
You may also think of other ideas to improve the functionality, discuss any ideas with your professor and try to create something great for your portfolio!
The application should be written in Kotlin, with industry best-practices followed for coding standards. This means: well written, easy to read code and the use of object oriented principles (for example, data classes).
More information about grading can be found in the Rubrics section on eConestoga.
- This assignment is a group project.
- Your assignment must be submitted to eConestoga by the date/time stated in your Instructional Plan.
- Include a cover page with the following information: Full names of each group member, student numbers of each group member, the course code and professor name
Get expert help for Firebase eCommerce Application and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!