HOTL2008 Production Management for Conventions and Events 2022 T2
Task: Create a design proposal for a hypothetical event Length: 1500 Words
Due Date: 5th August 2022 5PM Sydney Time Overview
Think of the assignment as a proposal you would send to a client if you were responding to the client’s request for information on how you intend to conduct the event and why you have made the choices you have made.
From the event concept description provided
– define the aims and objectives of the event;
- select a venue (or site);
- identify the attendees;
- create a scheduled program;
- describe the presenters, speakers, performers, facilitators, etc. required.
- Justify your choices and relate them to the aims and objectives of the event
You can think of this as answering – why is the event being held, what are you proposing to do, where and when are you intending to do it, and who will be doing it, and who will be attending. And most importantly – why are you proposing these options.
The Design Brief should be written in report style in the form of a proposal. Each required element should be a headed section, (dots point can be used in this report if needed). Note: no essay type writing needed. The only references to be used are those that direct the reader to websites where you found information about venues, performers, etc.
Be sure to include
- Your interpretation of the aims and objectives for the event.
- The venue (or site) details – location, capacity, facilities, special features. Justify your choice of venue or site.
- Anticipated audience profile – your perception of the demographics and interests of the attendees to the event; and the expected attendance numbers.
- A concept programme – The emphasis in the concept program should be on a range of programmed activities united by the aims and objectives for the event.
Show the activities in sequence and with the timing and duration for each activity. Give a description of the type of speakers, or performers for each activity.
- Give the location in the venue or site for each program element/activity.
- Justify your choices for each element.
- Include a description of the relationship of the programme to the aims and objectives of the event.
|Understandingof the client’score purpose(proposed aimsandobjectives)||Lack of understanding or fails to be shown in the program & theme||Under-developed but suggested in the program & theme||Understanding implied in the program & theme||Understood and indicated in the program & theme||Fully comprehended and manifest in the program and theme|
|Venue Choiceand Details|
|Unsuitable for event|
Negligible description of location, capacity, facilities, special features
|Adequate for program activities|
Imprecise description of location, capacity, facilities, special features
|Practical choice that can cope with the event’s operational complexities|
Acceptable description of location, capacity, facilities, special features
|Partially justified and related to theme|
Extensive description of location, capacity, facilities, special features
|Fully Justified and related to Client’s aims and objectives and theme|
Comprehensive description of location, capacity, facilities, special features
|Audience Profile20%||Unsuitable audience for event|
No projected attendance numbers
|Audience appropriate for event|
Projected attendance numbers surmised
|Relationship between audience and program elements|
Projected attendance numbers estimated for venue capacity
|Relationship between audience and Client’s aims and objectives|
Projected attendance numbers calculated for venue capacity
|Demographics and interests directly related to Client’s aims and objectives|
Projected attendance numbers calculated for venue capacity and each activity
Get expert help for HOTL2008 Production Management for Conventions and Events 2022 T2 and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!