Assignment guidance for Masters Assignment 1
For this assignment you have to write a paper entitled: A critical analysis of the impact of current legislation, research and professional guidance influencing the delivery of inclusive education for learners with SEND in your setting (1500 words).
When writing your assignment, you should ensure that it covers the overall aims of this unit, namely to equip delegates with a comprehensive understanding of the background legislation, policies and evidence that set the context to inclusion and SEN provision, together with an appreciation of high incidence disabilities and how these affect pupils’ learning and development.
Although the exact structure can be varied and we would encourage you to adopt a structure that suits you, but the one you do adopt should be one that:
- Provides a clear and logical structure to your assignment and the argument(s)it contains.
- Uses headings / sub-headings that are useful to the reader.
- Organises material according to the headings you use.
- Provides a clear introduction to the task and summarises your findings and /or conclusions at the end.
- Use appendices to include some of the more descriptive elements of the approaches to ensure your assignment covers more critical debate.
It may be helpful to consider 3 parts to this assignment, which will be informed by all of the reading and activities you have covered in the module.
Part A (Approx. 400 words)– A critical analysis of the local and national context of inclusive education. Aim to:
- analyse how the statutory and regulatory policy context for SEN and disability equality (education, health and care) sets the context for inclusion.
- critically evaluate the published literature on inclusive education in relation to your own beliefs and your experiences as a practitioner in your setting.
Part B (Aprox. 400 words) – The breadth and complexity of the causes of underachievement. Aim to:
- analyse how high incidence SEND, including mental health needs, can affect pupils’ development, learning and participation. N.B. Draw upon the national data in Learning Experience 1.2.3 and discuss whether this is reflected in your setting. For example, nationally the most common type of need for pupils with SEN support is speech, communication and language needs. Is this true in your setting as well? If not why do you think that might be?
- summarise your understanding of how a learner can be affected by the learning environment, teaching approaches and the physical and social environment.
- make links between the nature of an inclusive ethos and the provision for pupils.
- analyse how the literature on child development and your understanding of pedagogy can influence applied practice for learners with SEND
Part C (Approx. 700 words) – The impact of the current national policies, your school policy and applied practice in your setting on the provision, services and support for learners in your setting with SEND.
A well written task will:
- consider both legislation and policy. You should give a critical analysis of the relationship between the two, identifying how policies at local and national levels support or possibly contradict government legislation. You may also want to highlight any areas for further development or coverage.
- Critically analyse information from a wide range of research, journals, books etc . The other sources of information that you need for this assignment are primarily contained in the course content for Strand 1, but you will also need to do further reading to complete this assignment. Use EBSCO to locate articles that you can refer to.
- link your own experience with the literature. Consider how research and evidence based practice is supported or otherwise by polices on inclusion. Possibly consider illustrating
where an approach cited in literature as a ‘good model’ is either working well in your current
practice, or representing an area you would like to develop in your practice. Conversely, you
can identify practice that you find effective which isn’t reflected in the literature.
- weave in your own reflections about your reading and your personal experiences in your role as SENCO. Demonstrate that you have learnt from research literature in order to construct your own understanding of how SEND provision is being managed, reflect on your own practice, and evaluate your decisions about how the support for pupils is structured now and your plans for the future, in terms of theory and other evidence based research. The information about your personal experience will form the basis of your argument about how well integrated things are.
Your paper should be within 10% of 1500 words excluding your reference list.
|1. To what extent has the delegate demonstrated in-depth knowledge of the research, literature, policy and guidance surrounding this topic?|
|1a. Critical evaluation of the literature on inclusive education, with a range of references to literature, law, government documents and associated curriculum guidance.|
|1b. Appropriate balance between research, literature, legislation, policy and applied practice.|
|2. To what extent has the delegate demonstrated analytic abilities to compare, contrast, critique, evaluate, analyse.|
|2a. Includes an analysis of perceptions of how high incidence disabilities affecting pupils learning and development. N.B. Draw upon the national data in Learning Experience 1.2.3 and discuss whether this is reflected in your setting. For example, nationally the most common type of need for pupils with SEN support is speech, communication and language needs. Is this true in your setting as well? If not why do you think that might be?|
|2b Demonstrates ability to consider and apply what has been learnt through research and literature with evidence of meta-cognitive analysis and application of new learning to existing contexts.|
|3. The delegate is able to express own view with new insights from own practice offering a personal perspective on the issue. Information only available from the delegates own experiences. Applied professional practice included & considered against other evidence.|
|3a. Information from published documents is integrated into an analysis of how these shape and impact on delegate’s own school context and experiences of working with pupils with SEN (possibly through learning log references)|
|3b Evaluation of how experience as a practitioner can be considered against evidence-based research and intervention.|
Get expert help for M01 NASENCo Masters Assignment and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!