Imagine the following situation: your group wants to offer consultancy services to the organisers of the 3 months long city of culture festival.
There are many issues the organisers have to consider, for example:
• how to run the call centre and ticket offices for the events and museums,
• how to attract visitors,
• how to maximise profit,
• how to allocate resources between marketing, different events, museums, street cleaning, securityetc.,
• how to structure promotions, pricing and membership schemes,
• how to manage the crowds at the shops and catering outlets,
• how best to provide access and services for disabled customers,
• how to convince local business that sponsoring the festival is in their interest,
• how to assess and manage the environmental impact of festival and associated visitor travel.
We are sure you can think of many more such issues.
Please produce a report to the organisers explaining to them how you can help. The report should focus on one specific questions that are directly and practically useful to the managers. One question should be able to be addressed with a SD model. In your report on you need to: • state the questions, • explain why each of the particular approaches is the most suited to answer the particular question, • briefly explain the structure and key features of each of the SD models (show for SD a stock flow diagram), • and discuss how you would go about acquiring data and parameterising the models. You can assume that the organisers are analytically minded and would be able to understand an explanation of the model diagrams. You can freely develop the questions and any details of the problems as long as they are of relevance to the organisers of a culture festival. Just use common sense (anything reasonable is fine) – no specific knowledge is needed. To demonstrate your understanding of the concepts and methods of SD model please do not just reproduce with minor modifications the examples we discussed in the module. Instead, produce models, which are focused and targeted on the questions you pose. Use your creativity and insight! While you need to develop and present the structure of the three models you do not need to produce any actual running models for the presentation. You do not need to link the three models in any way. Please copy the diagrams from Anylogic into your report.
Get expert help for Offer consultancy services to the organisers and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!