Section 1: Overview of the UK Chilled Ready Meal market:
Word count guide: 500 words including tables and graphs.
- How will you provide evidence of the UK’s chilled ‘Ready Meal’ market performance?
- How big is this market in terms of sales value/volume? Predicted Y on Y growth?
- Where are the growth areas?
- How can you display this information?
- Where will you get this information from?
Section 2: Store audit summary: Word count guide: 300 including tables. A Copy of your store audit should be uploaded as a separate submission to blackboard as a spreadsheet.
Carry out a store audit to support the development of the ready meal you are working on (Mac and cheese /Lamb hot pot/ Chicken Tikka Masala or Vegetable pasta bake). Visit the following stores or their on-line shopping sites (Waitrose, M and S, Tesco, Morrisons, Asda , Aldi and Sainsburys) to record key marketing information to help inform the development of your product. Guidance on how to gather this information will be provided in the lecture in w/c 6th of February. Provide a summary of your findings and identify any potential development gaps/ opportunities.
Section 3. Practical write ups: Word count guidance – including tables 3,000
You have x 3 product development practical sessions:
X 1 w/c 20th or 27th of February: involves recreating the value product that you were given in the benchmark practical session in w/c the 23rd or 30th of January.
X 2 w/c 6th or 13th of March: Improving your product to make it a premium version
X 3 w/c 20th or 27th of March: Continuing to improve your product to make it a premium version:
Each practical write should include:
- Practical title and date
- Practical aim – what do you hope to achieve?
- Objectives: What actions do you need to take to achieve your aim?
- Product recipe and manufacturing method
- Sensory evaluation:
- Summary of practical findings including the changes required to further progress your product and meet the Frescho brief criteria. Consider:
- alternative / substitute ingredients,
- weights and measures of ingredient
- alternative methods / processes,
How will these changes impact on:
- shelf life
- nutrition- include nutritional data
- overall consumer perception
Quality Attribute Sheet:
Using the skills provided in your practical session week 28 (w/c 6th of February) produce a quality attribute sheet for your final product.
Costing Spreadsheet and brief justification
Please note: Support on how to conduct a basic costing exercise on your product will be provided in week 29 (w/c 31/02/23). Please provide a brief justification of your product costing and profit margins. Word count guidance: approx.: 200
References: Please include any references you have used to support your product development progress.
Get expert help for Portfolio Assessment Guide 2023 and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!