Written Assignment: 3803NRS Interprofessional Practice and Patient Safety
Word Limit: 2000 words
Due Date: by 5pm on Tuesday April 6th, 2021
The purpose of this essay is to enable you to critically evaluate current research about the topic ‘failure to rescue’ as related to the deteriorating patient in the acute healthcare environment. You will examine nursing strategies that can be used to prevent patient deterioration and that are instrumental in maintaining patient safety.
This assessment item will address learning outcomes 1 and 3 of this course.
For this task you are asked to write a 2000-word essay in which you critically evaluate ‘failure to rescue’ as it relates to the deteriorating patient in the acute healthcare environment.
Your evaluation must be underpinned by patient safety needs, and should include a discussion about incidence, consequences and nursing strategies as reflected in the current literature.
Your essay must include the following components:
- An introductory paragraph that outlines the aim of the assignment.
- A definition of the concept failure to rescue.
- A discussion of the incidence & prevalence of adverse events that are linked to failure to rescue in the Australian acute healthcare environment.
- An analysis and evaluation of the consequences of failure to rescue for the patient; the patient’s family; and the health care system.
- A critical evaluation of TWO nursing strategies involving either the patient; the patient’s family or the health care system that may be used to prevent registered nurses from failing to rescue to maintain patient safety.
- A conclusion summarising the central points of your essay.
- Refer to the Health Group Writing and Referencing Guide for all presentation, referencing and formatting guidelines. This is located on all course sites.
- Word limits for all assignments needs to be strictly adhered to. The word limit for an assessment item includes in text citations, tables and quotations. The word limit does not include the reference list. Please note the marker will cease marking your submitted work once they have reached the allocated word limit.
- Ensure that you use scholarly literature (digitised readings, research articles, relevant Government reports and textbooks) that have been published in in the last 5 years from 2016 to 2021.
- You must include a Reference list on a separate page formatted to APA 7th style.
- Write in the third person and use academic language throughout.
- Submit your assignment online as per the instructions on your Learning@Griffith course site.
- Refer to the marking criteria when writing your assignment. This will assist you in calculating the weightings of the sections for your assignment.
MARKING CRITERIA WRITTEN ESSAY
|Knowledge & Context|
|a) Outlined the aims of the assignment using an introductory paragraph||5|
|b) Clearly defined failure to rescue using appropriate literature||3|
|c) Discussed the incidence & prevalence of adverse events that are linked to failure to rescue in the Australian acute healthcare environment.||8|
|d) Analysed and evaluated the consequences of failure to rescue for the patient; the patient’s family; and the health care system.||16|
|e) Critically evaluated TWO nursing strategies involving either the patient; the patient’s family or the health care system that may be used to prevent registered nurses from failing to rescue to maintain patient safety.||40 (20 marks for each)|
|f) Provided a concluding paragraph that summarises the overall argument in the assessment.||3|
|Presentation and Structure|
|Conforms to the Health Group Writing and Referencing Guide. Essay is presented in a logical mannerEssay Adheres to word limit of 2000 wordsThe essay contains academic language throughoutEssay is well presented, with correct spelling, grammar, well-constructed sentences and paragraph structure||16|
|Essay is supported with no fewer than 10 scholarly relevant sources from the last 5 years.In-text citations are appropriate and correctReferencing as per APA Style 7th||9|
|Total Marks [weighted at 50%]||100|
Get expert help for 3803NRS Interprofessional Practice and Patient Safety and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!