Assignment 3: Poster Presentation (Infographic)
Word Limit: 1000 words
An academic poster presentation (also known as an infographic) is a textual and graphic means of presenting information in a concise and persuasive way. In the workplace, you may be asked to present a poster to your peers. This way of presenting information can also allow for valuable networking opportunities with other stakeholders involved in a project. Poster presentations can give an opportunity for you to showcase work at business conferences and meetings.
Your task is to create a one-page poster that examines stakeholder tensions and priorities in public–private partnership (PPP). You will need to examine and identify the role of various stakeholders in your chosen PPP and explore the relationship between key internal and external stakeholders. You should investigate actual or potential stakeholder tensions that can arise from PPPs and explore the specific skill-sets required for managers in this setting.
Related Learning Outcomes
This assignment assesses the following unit learning outcomes:
- Research and demonstrate an awareness of important issues and trends highlighting the business-society interface.
- Explore the nature of business and economic processes using social analysis and considering the stakeholder perspectives and priorities.
- Explore and critique contemporary, cross-cultural and cross-functional initiatives.
- Communicate using digital technologies
Step 1: Choose a project
For This assignment, you will need to choose a PPP project and explore the priorities of the different stakeholders involved. In doing so you will need to analyze this project in terms of its community benefit and value for money. Please visit the following sites and choose one project to investigate in detail:
Frankston Hospital Redevelopment (Links to an external site.)
Metro Tunnel Project
Step 2: Conduct research
You will need to conduct some research to answer key questions about the project that you have chosen. Your poster should address the following:
- Succinct overview of the organizations involved and the type of industry.
- Who are the key stakeholders?
- You can revisit Figure 3-5 Stakeholder management: Five key questions
- What are the different stakeholders’ priorities?
- What are the tensions that may exist between stakeholders?
- How would you manage any potential conflict or misalignment of priorities?
- Indicate whether this project is in the “public interest”?
- Outline whether you believe the project represents “value for money” for taxpayers?
Your poster should also include a separate reference list using Swinburne Harvard style to support any of your claims. A list of high quality business journals can be located on the ABDC journal quality list Links to an external site. (Links to an external site.)(Australian Business Deans Council 2017). Given the contemporary nature of these projects you may also use recent media articles.
Step 3: Get started on your poster
You are welcome to use any platform you choose to create your online poster presentation (Infographic). Students who are familiar with Canva, Photoshop or Illustrator might like to use these. Otherwise, we suggest Adobe Spark (Post) which is a free web-based tools below. As a Swinburne student you have full access to the ADOBE suite of products, however, you will need to register.
Adobe explaining how to “Create Your Own Infographics for Free with Adobe Spark”.
Step 4: Finalize and submit your poster
This assignment will be submitted via Turnitin. You will find the relevant submission point below.
You should download your Adobe Spark Infographic as a PDF and then submit.
We aim to provide all feedback within 2 weeks of the due date.
Get expert help for Poster Presentation (Infographic) and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!