CMHL1001 Assessment 2: presentation on the use of research to inform evidence based, person centred care
Worth: 50% unit mark
3. Discuss the trustworthiness of research
4. Define the role of research in Evidence-Informed Practice in the context of person-centred care
5. Demonstrate communication of evidence appropriate to the audience
You are a student health professional assisting an experienced practitioner from your field determine the best management of a person according to an Evidence-Informed Practice approach. The practitioner you are assisting works in an Australian health care setting in a transdisciplinary healthcare team.
As the experienced practitioner is very time poor, they have recruited you to help them with the management plan for a person’s case. For this final task, they would like you to discuss the trustworthiness of the study they have supplied you with. They would also like you to decide whether the study design and the intervention used in the study is appropriate given the who the person is, and their preferences and values.
- To complete this assessment, you will need to:
- Create a power point presentation with a recorded narrative.
- The presentation may not exceed 3 minutes per group member.
- Use in-text citation and a bibliography as part of your presentation.
- Submit a transcript of your presentation.
- Upload the presentation & transcript to Blackboard.
- Your audience is the experienced practitioner as described in the assessment context above.
- Access the article on Blackboard
- Create a recorded presentation on PowerPoint answering the questions below:
- Make a recommendation to your experienced practitioner about the trustworthiness of your study in light of the results:
- Describe the results of the study
- Whether you believe the findings are trustworthy, justifying your reasoning. Your answer must discuss key concepts of bias (selection bias, performance bias, detection bias, attrition bias) that you have learnt about in this unit.
- Whether the study has generalisability to the person
- Whether you believe the study & the intervention is appropriate given who the person is and their values and preferences. Justify your reasoning.
- Within your discussion, support your stance from Point 3 with two other studies related to the person’s condition. These studies can be any design we have covered in this unit e.g., qualitative, single case experimental designs, cross-sectional or cohort
- Make a recommendation for the types of health professionals that could assist with the care of the person in your selected case study. Justify your reasoning.
Priya is a 42-year-old woman who enjoys time with friends and family. Priya lives with her husband, two sons (10 and 9), and her mother and father.
Priya’s mother is getting older and has osteoporosis, with particularly low bone mineral density in her legs and feet. At her last health check, Priya’s doctor also told her she has osteopenia (low bone density, but not yet osteoporosis) and recommended Vitamin D and calcium supplementation.
Priya also wants to know whether she should start exercising as she read it may help avoid osteoporosis. She is concerned if she does not start making changes now, she will have the same condition as her mother.
Now that both of Priya’s children are in school, she feels she has more time to commit to her health and wants to know what she should.
Get expert help for CMHL1001 Assessment 2 and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!