Assessment 1 – Your Favourite Brand: Developing Marcomms
Specific task: Creating marketing communications for your favourite brand, Image evaluation and creative marketing communications development. Pick a brand or product that you personally like and assess their current market situation and then create some marketing communication content to promote the brand image to their key target markets. Specifically, to do:
PART I: The Plan (worth 60%)
Use the following headings (750 words)
1. (a) Describe the brand and what it means to you personally. (b) Why do other people like it?
2. Provide a very brief company description/history.
3. (a) Identify its typical customers (Buyer Persona). Make sure you provide evidence to support your argument e.g., blogs, forums, articles etc. (b) Identify its competitor set and who is the biggest threat and why? Make sure you provide evidence to support your argument e.g., blogs, forums, articles etc.
4. Do a Marcomms Audit and assess the current image of the product or brand by providing examples of its current advertising (Television, print and social media) and identify its positioning in the marketplace against its competitors image. Importantly JUSTIFY how you came to that conclusion.
5. Do a NEW positioning statement for the brand/product using Rossiter et al’s, Rossiter and Percy Grid, T-C-B model.
6. On the basis of your positioning statement please describe its brand promise to its target market.
Part II – Advertisements
1. CREATE the following advertisements (this is a storyboard not an actual Ad):
(a) one Television advertisement
(b) one magazine advertisement
(c) 2 social media marcoms that suits the brand
2. Justify how the Ads would suit the brand image and appeal to the intended target market. (500 words to explain and justify the Ads)
Use Rossiter et als creative approach to explain in specific detail why you used specific design elements in your advertisements and explain how it will be actually seen by the intended target audience by briefly explaining their media consumption pattern
Submission Format of the 6 page report
1. Individual work is expected … this is not a group assignment.
2. Submit a PDF document via Moodle and Turnitin with:
- A maximum of 6 pages of text (1250, 1.5 line spacing Font 12, margins of 2.5cm all around, Times New Roman) as the main body of the assignment.
- IMPORTANTLY Appendices are not part of these 6 pages and can be as long as you need them to be. Your ads should be attached here.
3. You are to include/do:
- An executive summary – NOT counted as a page
- Title page – NOT counted as a page
- Table of contents – NOT counted as a page
- Reference page- with a detailed list of references (must include list of all references to materials used (i.e., Websites, databases, government publications, industry reports, journal articles, books).
- Relevant appendices
- Relevant tables, graphs, charts, etc.