DIDS107 Assignment 6: Project Book
Worth 10% of term
Due: No later than 11:30PM ET Day 4 of Unit 10
- develop organizational skills for individual client projects; and
- identify the different elements that constitute stages of design development and attach relevant headings to each group as it pertains to this specific project.
For this submission, students will submit a digital binder (a single file pdf). Campus The binder contains all process, and relevant information pertaining to the design project.
- Assembled in a book format for viewing. Using Illustrator, In Design, PowerPoint, Word etc. saved as a single file PDF. Choose the medium that best serves the purpose.
- Assignments 1-5
- All process documentation
- Camera/scanner as required
- Design firms develop their own filing system to organize the drawings and documents generated by the team. Many offices use binders, one per project.
- Your project book is due on the same day as your final presentation (Day 4, Unit 10). It is a record and
summary of the entire term’s work, and should be added to/revised on a weekly basis.
- Cover Page – your name, course code and name, submission date
- Selected Client Profile
- Base Building
- 4.1. Concept Statement
- 4.2. Inspiration images for your concept, with notations explaining why you chose them
- 4.3. Sketches and drawings from your sketchbook, related to your concept
- 4.1. Adjacency Matrix
- Schematic Planning
- 5.1. Bubbles & Blocks
- 5.2 Prototypes
- 5.3 2D & 3D sketches
- 5.4 Schematic Floor Plans
- Design Development
- 6.1. Preliminary Plan, drafted to scale
- 6.2. Kitchen & Bathroom elevations
- 6.3. Cross Section
- 6.4. 3D sketches/vignettes
- Finishes and FF&E
- 7.1. FF&E, Finish Selections, Schedule & Key– a table listing all finishes and keyed to your FF&E Boards. Refer to example.
EXAMPLES – SCHEDULES
|Code -to match the label on the sample boards||Description -indicate what type of product/material||Location -indicate floor/wall/ceiling as required -indicate which room||Product Specification -indicate who the manufacturer is, the product name, the product finish/ colour|
|HW1||Hardwood flooring||Living room, Entertainment room||Armstrong, Engineered Hardwood Plank, Finish: Acacia-Natural|
|CPT1||Carpet||Bedroom 2||Bentley Mills, Functional Expression Avant Gardia, Colour: Proportion 880238.|
|CPT2||Carpet||Home Office||Shaw Floors, Queen of Hearts, Colour: 00321 Dill|
|PT1||Paint||Living room walls||Benjamin Moore, Aura Waterborne Interior Paint, Eggshell. Colour: AF255 Fondant|
|PT2||Paint||Living room ceiling||Benjamin Moore, Aura Waterborne Interior Paint, Matte. Colour: 2122-70 Snow White|
|CT1||Ceramic Tile||Master Bedroom Ensuite, shower walls||Olympia Tile, Oslo, Colour: Grey|
- 7.2. Furniture Selections
- 7.3 Fixture Selections, schedule & Key (one for lighting, one for plumbing, etc) – a table listing all finishes and keyed to your FF&E Boards. Refer to example.
|Code -to match the label on the sample boards||Description -indicate what type of light fixture||Location||Product Specification -indicate who the manufacturer/distributor is, the product name, the product finish/ colour|
|L2||Pendant light||Kitchen island||Eureka Lighting, Meha, satin aluminum with clear glass diffuser.|
|L3||Wall sconce||Powder room 1||Eureka Lighting, Sprocket, brass finish with crystal glass diffuser.|
|L4||Feature light (chandelier)||Dining room||Union Lighting, Crystal Chandelier WN0167110568, antique silver finish, oval drops, draped crystal and fabric shade.|
- 7.4 Equipment Selections
- Notes & Feedback
- 8.1. Feedback and comments from professor and peers throughout the term.
- Assignments 1-5
All content will be evaluated for its completeness and design quality. To achieve a high mark, the student must apply instructor feedback from the desk crits, and revise assignments before including them in the Project Binder.
The sample schedules are examples only, and demonstrate the level of detail expected in your submission. Students will create their own tables in Word or Excel, and fill them in as they select items throughout the term. Copy the product specifications from the manufacturer’s website, sample folder, or sample label. You may code the samples any way you wish (using numbers, letters or a combination) as long as your schedules, key and boards match.
Save as a single-file PDF as DIDS107_Assignment6_yourlastname_yourfirstname.pdf.
The following rubric communicates grade breakdown and total. It can be helpful to review assignment instructions in detail prior to reviewing the rubric
|1||Conformance to minimum content list (50%)|
|All listed Assignments included|
|Completeness and quality of listed Assignments|
|All other listed documents included|
|Completeness and quality of other listed documents|
|2||Documentation of design process (30%)|
|Relevance and quality of Inspiration images and notations|
|Relevance and quality of sketchbook sketches|
|Process sketches, drawings, plans etc|
|Notations and information clarity of included elements|
|3||Organization & Format, Graphic & Presentation quality (20%)|
|Aesthetic quality and neatness of presentation|
|Conformance to APA standards for citations|
|Grammar and spelling|
Check more assignments of Yorkville University DIDS107 Assignments, starting from Assignment 1 to Assignment 6