Assignment 2: Conceptual & Schematic Planning
Students will receive a mark of satisfactory/unsatisfactory Due: No later than 11:30 p.m. ET Day 4 of Unit 4
- Develop preliminary space plans for a small-scale loft residence
- Apply programming data and residential planning standards to prepare functional 2D space planning
- Develop drafting standards and convention skills
- Implement design concept to 2D and 3D development
This assignment will develop your architectural drawing skills and enable you to integrate the use of scale and proportion to produce scaled and dimensioned preliminary space plans and sketches of a residential space.
- Block plan, adjacency table & concept from Assignment 1
- Loft floor plans and applicable notes
- Sketchbook/trace paper
- Black markers
- Imperial scale
- Drafting pencils
- Drafting templates
- Vellum or mylar for final drawing
- INdesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Powerpoint or whichever program you feel comfortable using, assembling project entirety
Instructions Preliminary Floor Plans
- Review the block plan you began in Assignment 1 and associated prototypical drawings. Consider residential planning standards and your clients required program, as you begin your preliminary plans, and make any necessary changes.
- The floor plans you will produce should be drafted in pencil, to a scale of ¼”=1’-0”, using appropriate line weights. You might have to redraw your plans a few times until you are happy. You may draft on trace paper, vellum, or bond.
- Ensure you have included all required base building information, accurately. This includes windows, mullions, stairs, handrails, railings, etc.
- Label all rooms and square footage, and any annotations in architectural handwritting.
- Draw all furniture, plumbing fixtures, and millwork to scale. You can revise these items later in the term, but you must show them on this assignment to demonstrate the rooms are of sufficient size.
- Each floor plan should be neatly labeled with its name (1st floor, 2nd floor), scale, and a north arrow. Put your name, class code, and assignment name on the bottom right corner of each sheet.
- Begin by considering the areas of focus, where your proposed concept will be implemented into your design.
- Develop a series of sketches that relate to your design, or how you envision the space evolving in 3 dimensions. These can be loose sketches, or can also be in the form of elevations. In either case, ensure there is attention paid to scale and proportion.
- Consider the following: lighting, ceiling heights, form, shape, movement, illusion of space. How can these elements and principles help shape your design intent? Do not rely on materiality alone.
- Add annotations where needed for clarity in architectural handwriting.
- Label each sketch/elevation below identifying the room/area.
By the end of this process you should produce at minimum one sketch/elevation for each of the following areas:
For submission compile the following into a single-file PDF:
- Preliminary floor plans, to scale (ensure when photocopying and scanning you do not distort the scale), labeled, with north arrow and annotations where required.
- Preliminary Sketches/Elevations (minimum of 5) Save file as: DIDS107_Assignment2_yourlastname_your firstname.pdf
Student submissions will be given a grade of satisfactory or unsatisfactory based on the assignment submission requirements. The professor will provide feedback for all submissions to enable students to make necessary changes to further develop and strengthen their respective projects.
What Makes Us Different – Why Do You Buy Assignments for Us?
“Are you planning to purchase an Assignment Helper? “
Why not try ours! Because, our experts do not see work as a work in progress. They see it as a great opportunity to shape the future of the student. There is a reason why students always rely on us for their assignments. This is because with our Australian online selling service, the reader is able to get the best points.
Following all the guidelines and requirements for the work to be done, and making the order pass many levels of quality inspection, our accessible services are a flawless version of handwritten assignments. This makes us one of Australia’s most widely used foreign aid. Instead of criticizing our services, we would like you to review our website, read satisfied customer reviews and make your own decisions. Prior to that, here is a list of our Australian-distributed shopping services available to the student when purchasing shares online with us:
- Season discount offers
- Live tracking
- Uninterruptible customer support via WhatsApp, Messenger and live chats
- Affordable help
- Live Sessions / Professional Consultations
Check more assignments of Yorkville University DIDS107 Assignments, starting from Assignment 1 to Assignment 6